Leo07
10-16 10:40 PM
Thanks All!
I went with regular.I learned that I could upgrade anytime after I receive the receipt. So, if there's any changes as others have warned in the forum, I'll upgrade at that point.
Not sure if my response makes sense to most, but, I wanted to get this done during Nava Ratri. My attorney wouldn't process it Premium way until they receive the physical check in hand. Which means I'll have to push this into next week, I was not ready for that either.
Long explanation, but all who responded and viewed the thread deserve one.
Thanks for responding. BTW, the fee they quoted me was $1250.00 ( 1000 + 250 processing fee)
Go for regular, the current processing time for I140 TSC is 4 months, you should be able to get approved before the next spillover season which is Jul - Sep 2011 (This is still a long shot for us :))
I went with regular.I learned that I could upgrade anytime after I receive the receipt. So, if there's any changes as others have warned in the forum, I'll upgrade at that point.
Not sure if my response makes sense to most, but, I wanted to get this done during Nava Ratri. My attorney wouldn't process it Premium way until they receive the physical check in hand. Which means I'll have to push this into next week, I was not ready for that either.
Long explanation, but all who responded and viewed the thread deserve one.
Thanks for responding. BTW, the fee they quoted me was $1250.00 ( 1000 + 250 processing fee)
Go for regular, the current processing time for I140 TSC is 4 months, you should be able to get approved before the next spillover season which is Jul - Sep 2011 (This is still a long shot for us :))
wallpaper i blame justin bieber gif.
SSSarkar
06-23 10:47 AM
I wanted to tell that only last year's tax return was needed. Nothing else.
USCIS can ask for previous tax return any time. you maynot have tofile now but better to clean that. refile 1040X and pay the taxes and interst. you will be fine. IRS is good if you accept your mistake instead of catching you later.
USCIS can ask for previous tax return any time. you maynot have tofile now but better to clean that. refile 1040X and pay the taxes and interst. you will be fine. IRS is good if you accept your mistake instead of catching you later.
chi_shark
10-19 12:32 PM
sue him for medical malpractice...
Can anyone point me to any documentation for physicians that suggests repeated follow-ups even after the medical report has been signed, sealed and submitted to the immigration office?
As with a lot of applicants from India, I tested positive for tuberculin because of the type of immunization we receive and had the requisite skin test and chest x-rays done. After this the doctor signed the medical report and gave me the sealed envelope. He has then put me on a 6-month medication program for tuberculosis. The medication is quite strong and is supposed to affect the liver. He also wants me to come in on a regular basis (and spend $80 every time) to get blood work done to "make sure the medication is in my blood stream".
I am not sure why I am being put on this medication for such a long period as I don't have tuberculosis. When I questioned my doctor, he said it was necessary - not giving any more details.
Have others gone through such an experience? Am I a source of residual income for his office?
Thanks in advance,
V
Can anyone point me to any documentation for physicians that suggests repeated follow-ups even after the medical report has been signed, sealed and submitted to the immigration office?
As with a lot of applicants from India, I tested positive for tuberculin because of the type of immunization we receive and had the requisite skin test and chest x-rays done. After this the doctor signed the medical report and gave me the sealed envelope. He has then put me on a 6-month medication program for tuberculosis. The medication is quite strong and is supposed to affect the liver. He also wants me to come in on a regular basis (and spend $80 every time) to get blood work done to "make sure the medication is in my blood stream".
I am not sure why I am being put on this medication for such a long period as I don't have tuberculosis. When I questioned my doctor, he said it was necessary - not giving any more details.
Have others gone through such an experience? Am I a source of residual income for his office?
Thanks in advance,
V
2011 you#39;re a jerk dance
zCool
04-19 10:44 PM
All of us might have gone wailing in streets and still it would have been the same thing..
What happened last yr? in a word.. Senator Jeff Sessions from Alabama..
He's bought and paid for by racist anti-immigrant interest groups and no way he was going to be convinced based on merits of the argument!
What happened last yr? in a word.. Senator Jeff Sessions from Alabama..
He's bought and paid for by racist anti-immigrant interest groups and no way he was going to be convinced based on merits of the argument!
more...
Jipjap74
04-23 04:12 PM
Who said anything about a 10 year old boy? Correct me if im wrong but this is a public forum and I can ask whatever question I want to ask. Its up to you if you want to answer it. All i asked was if anyone had come across this situation, if you haven't and you don't have a constructive opinion id rather you kept your snide remarks to yourself.
srkamath
08-05 06:21 PM
Dhundhun,
What is your source for the 1% to 5% estimate?
What is your source for the 1% to 5% estimate?
more...
saileshdude
10-06 08:58 PM
Ombudsman helps in certain limited circumstances, particularly when an adverse decision by USCIS puts you in emergency situation. Following link should help determine when to contact them:-
DHS | CIS Ombudsman - Case Problems (http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm)
Hey Jungalee,
I just sent you a PM. Can you reply to that.
Thanks.
DHS | CIS Ombudsman - Case Problems (http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm)
Hey Jungalee,
I just sent you a PM. Can you reply to that.
Thanks.
2010 justin bieber dougie and jerk.
DSJ
06-21 02:50 PM
You might save lot of money if you don't apply 485
Did somebody do research on getting the correct/valid photos for I 485 in the cheapest possible way ?
Did somebody do research on getting the correct/valid photos for I 485 in the cheapest possible way ?
more...

roseball
04-04 02:49 PM
Hi thank you again, yes i understand that visa stamp is only needed for overseas travelling purpose. You raise a good point though when you said you assume i got h1 approved with i-94 attahced. This brings me to a scenario that just happened a few months back. I applied for extension h1b and h4 and we received notification that it has been approved and the approval sent to the attorney. But the attorney has disappeared. My wifes h4 approval was returned back to uscis and mine is not known where it is. we called uscis and they said we have to apply a duplicate i-824 individually to get the approval sent back to us again. i have therefore submitted i-824 application for my wife already. and i am submitting mine this week. all we have right now is h4 receipt for my wife and a copy of the approval for h1b for me (without i-94) that usually goes to the peititoner. What do you think about this?
Oh well, since the employer H1 approval copy does not have an attached I-94, we cannot conclude anything. File a I-824 for your H1 first, I believe your employer needs to file the I-824 for H1.....For H-4, you can do it yourself since its a personal petition....Then have your employer or employer's attorney contact USCIS and enquire whether your Extension of Status was approved as well (meaning H1 approval had an attached I-94). If thats not possible, you will have to wait till your I-824s are processed and you get new copies of the approvals to check if they have attached I-94s.
Oh well, since the employer H1 approval copy does not have an attached I-94, we cannot conclude anything. File a I-824 for your H1 first, I believe your employer needs to file the I-824 for H1.....For H-4, you can do it yourself since its a personal petition....Then have your employer or employer's attorney contact USCIS and enquire whether your Extension of Status was approved as well (meaning H1 approval had an attached I-94). If thats not possible, you will have to wait till your I-824s are processed and you get new copies of the approvals to check if they have attached I-94s.
hair justin bieber dougie on ellen.
meridiani.planum
01-08 12:03 AM
Below mentioned points are from the NAFSA Adviser's Manual (2006 release)
7.27.2.1 Exception for travel to Canada or Mexico for 30 days or less
Under the "automatic extension of validity at ports-of-entry" provision, an H-IB alien may reenter the U.S. after a trip solely to Canada or Mexico that lasted no more than 30 days, without the need to obtain a new H-IB visa, even if the individual's prior H-IB visa has expired.
H-1B automatic revalidation different than that for F and J nonimmigrants
F and J nonimmigrants can use the automatic revalidation of visa provision not only after a trip to Canada and Mexico, but after a trip to the islands in the Caribbean as well. H-lB travel under this provision is limited to Canada and Mexico only.
7.27.2.2
Continued validity of H visas after employer change If the H-IB worker has changed employers since first entering the United States and has a valid visa annotated for the previous employer, he or she may reenter the U.S. using that visa, provided he or she presents a valid H-IB approval notice for the new employer upon reentry to the United States.
7.27.2.3 Revalidation of H visas in the United States no longer possible
Prior to July 17,2004, nonimmigrants in H status could apply for a new H visa through the DOS Visa Office in Washington, D.C., but only if they had already obtained one visa abroad in the category being applied for. This process was known as "revalidation." Effective July 17, 2004, the Department of State no longer accepts applications for revalidation of H visas.
7.27.2.4 H-1 B visa eligibility after an extension of H-1 B status beyond 6 years
Caution! H-IB nonimmigrants that have received extensions ofH-lB status beyond 6 years under AC21 continue to be bound by the requirement to have a valid H-IB visa for entry to the United States after travel abroad. If the nonimmigrant's visa has expired, he or she will
have to obtain a new H -1 B visa on the basis of an approved H -lB petition in order to reenter the United States, like any H-IB nonimmigrant.
Please let me now if these points are in place currently.
And if yes then please consider this case gurus. If somebody has a valid first H1B extension (with I-94) till 2012 and if he goes for stamping in mexico and gets 221(g). Then can he come back to USA even if his old H1B and old I-94 has expired while his case is pending under 221(g) status in mexico?
I will appreciate your thoughts on this.
no, when you go for visa stamping the first thing they typically do is stamp a 'cancelled without prejudice' on yuor old visa, and they also usually take your I-94. So if you do get a 221(g), then the typical option is to either wait it out or take the passport back and go to the home country.
P.S: fix the subject, it is too generic...
7.27.2.1 Exception for travel to Canada or Mexico for 30 days or less
Under the "automatic extension of validity at ports-of-entry" provision, an H-IB alien may reenter the U.S. after a trip solely to Canada or Mexico that lasted no more than 30 days, without the need to obtain a new H-IB visa, even if the individual's prior H-IB visa has expired.
H-1B automatic revalidation different than that for F and J nonimmigrants
F and J nonimmigrants can use the automatic revalidation of visa provision not only after a trip to Canada and Mexico, but after a trip to the islands in the Caribbean as well. H-lB travel under this provision is limited to Canada and Mexico only.
7.27.2.2
Continued validity of H visas after employer change If the H-IB worker has changed employers since first entering the United States and has a valid visa annotated for the previous employer, he or she may reenter the U.S. using that visa, provided he or she presents a valid H-IB approval notice for the new employer upon reentry to the United States.
7.27.2.3 Revalidation of H visas in the United States no longer possible
Prior to July 17,2004, nonimmigrants in H status could apply for a new H visa through the DOS Visa Office in Washington, D.C., but only if they had already obtained one visa abroad in the category being applied for. This process was known as "revalidation." Effective July 17, 2004, the Department of State no longer accepts applications for revalidation of H visas.
7.27.2.4 H-1 B visa eligibility after an extension of H-1 B status beyond 6 years
Caution! H-IB nonimmigrants that have received extensions ofH-lB status beyond 6 years under AC21 continue to be bound by the requirement to have a valid H-IB visa for entry to the United States after travel abroad. If the nonimmigrant's visa has expired, he or she will
have to obtain a new H -1 B visa on the basis of an approved H -lB petition in order to reenter the United States, like any H-IB nonimmigrant.
Please let me now if these points are in place currently.
And if yes then please consider this case gurus. If somebody has a valid first H1B extension (with I-94) till 2012 and if he goes for stamping in mexico and gets 221(g). Then can he come back to USA even if his old H1B and old I-94 has expired while his case is pending under 221(g) status in mexico?
I will appreciate your thoughts on this.
no, when you go for visa stamping the first thing they typically do is stamp a 'cancelled without prejudice' on yuor old visa, and they also usually take your I-94. So if you do get a 221(g), then the typical option is to either wait it out or take the passport back and go to the home country.
P.S: fix the subject, it is too generic...
more...
punjabi
10-19 03:30 PM
Dear folks:
Fist of all, a definition of PLEDGE:
PLEDGE: A solemn promise or agreement to do or refrain from doing something. Example, a pledge of aid; a pledge not to wage war.
Situation:
More or less, all of us are aware of the importance of IV.org and how much IV means to us as an organization AND as an entity that strives to help us get out of the gut of current immigration situation.
We also know that a day will arrive when we (and spouse/kids) will have Green card in our hands.
If not next month, perhaps in another 6 months for some people. Or perhaps a year or two away and to some people, unfortunately, even longer.
But we will get it one day.
IV is a very active organization who is working hard in our best interest and it does not matter how you get the Green Card, IV will have, direct or indirect, contribution to it.
Proposal:
There was a thread going around few months ago on "how will you celebrate the day you get greened?" Some prefer throwing a party, some prefer vacation, some would overload gallons of alcohol in their body or some would donate money to their respective temples or church.
These are all good things to do. (OK. May be not the alcohol part) :)
In addition to the above, I invite you to celebrate that day by flowing some donation to IV. Just as a token of saying THANK YOU. This will help IV to continue to fight for other folks out there.
I invite you make a sincere pledge TODAY on how much money you would like to donate to IV on the day you get greened.
Nobody is going to twist your arm if you decide not to donate, but I trust that most of the people takes pride in keeping their word once given.
Even if 50 people among us get their green cards each month and each one of them decides to donate $100, it will amount to $5,000 to IV and it will help them fight for a cause for rest of the people out there.
No pressure.
Just an idea.
I myself pledge for $250 donation today.
Others are welcome to participate.
Fist of all, a definition of PLEDGE:
PLEDGE: A solemn promise or agreement to do or refrain from doing something. Example, a pledge of aid; a pledge not to wage war.
Situation:
More or less, all of us are aware of the importance of IV.org and how much IV means to us as an organization AND as an entity that strives to help us get out of the gut of current immigration situation.
We also know that a day will arrive when we (and spouse/kids) will have Green card in our hands.
If not next month, perhaps in another 6 months for some people. Or perhaps a year or two away and to some people, unfortunately, even longer.
But we will get it one day.
IV is a very active organization who is working hard in our best interest and it does not matter how you get the Green Card, IV will have, direct or indirect, contribution to it.
Proposal:
There was a thread going around few months ago on "how will you celebrate the day you get greened?" Some prefer throwing a party, some prefer vacation, some would overload gallons of alcohol in their body or some would donate money to their respective temples or church.
These are all good things to do. (OK. May be not the alcohol part) :)
In addition to the above, I invite you to celebrate that day by flowing some donation to IV. Just as a token of saying THANK YOU. This will help IV to continue to fight for other folks out there.
I invite you make a sincere pledge TODAY on how much money you would like to donate to IV on the day you get greened.
Nobody is going to twist your arm if you decide not to donate, but I trust that most of the people takes pride in keeping their word once given.
Even if 50 people among us get their green cards each month and each one of them decides to donate $100, it will amount to $5,000 to IV and it will help them fight for a cause for rest of the people out there.
No pressure.
Just an idea.
I myself pledge for $250 donation today.
Others are welcome to participate.
hot justin bieber dancing on
moolchand_2002
03-24 04:11 PM
Hello
My name is Moolchand Tanwar, i applied for GC got my I-140 Approved and few days back i got my I-485 Denial Notice. I here write the letter which i received from USCIS. Please go through the letter which i received and suggest me what should i do and where i can find a better help full attorney.
-------------------
DECISION ON APPLICATION FOR STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
Upon consideration, it is ordered that your I-485 be denied for the following reasons:
On February 4,2008, you filed an application to register permanent residence or Adjust status (form I-485) with USCIS (" the service") based upon an approved petition for Alien worker(I-40) with filed on your behalf by you employer, ABC COMPANY INC ( name not disclosed here) ( hereinafter as " the petitioner"). In doing so you sought to obtain an immigration benefit pursuant to section 245 of the immigration and nationality Act, as amended (the Act.)
On June 8, 2010, you appeared for an interview at the USCIS netwark Field office in connection with your I-485 application.
Service records revealed that entered the United States on August 15, 1997 as a nonimmigrant B2 Visitor with permission to remain in the United States for a temporary period not exceed 6 months, February 14, 1998. At the time of the filing of your form I-485, you were no longer in a lawful status. Therefore, you must satisfy the requirement under Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) in order to adjust status in the United States to that of a lawful permanent resident.
Section 245(i) of INA further states, in Pertinent part that:
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (a) and (c) of this section, an alien physically present in the United States----
(A)WHO-----
(i) entered the United States without inspection: or
(ii) is within one if the classed enumerated in subsection (c) of this section:
(B) who is the beneficiary (including a spouse or child of the principal alien, if eligible to receive a Visa under section 203(d) of---------
(i) a petition for classification under section 204 that filed with the Attorney general on or before April 30, 2001; or
(ii)an application for a labor certification under section 212(a)(5)(A) that filed pursuant to the regulations of the secretary of Labor on or before such date; and
(C) who, in the case of a beneficiary of a petition for classification, or an application for labor certification, described in subparagraph (B) that was filed after January 14, 1998, is physically presented in the united states on the date of the enactment of the LIFE Act Amendments of 2000;
may apply to the Attorney General for the adjustment of his or her status to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, The Attorney General may accept such application only the alien remits with such application a sun equaling $1,000 as of the date of receipt of the application.....
8 C.F.R Section 245.10(n) states in pertinent part that:
(n) Evidentiary requirement to demonstrate physical presence on December 21,2000.
(1) Unless the qualifying immigrant visa petition or application for labor certification was filed on or before January 14, 1998, a principal grandfathered alien must establish that he or she was physically present in the United States on December 21,2000 to the eligible to apply to adjust status under Section 245(i) of the Act. if no one document establishes the alien's physical presence on December 21,2000; he or she may submit several documents establishing his or her physical presence in the United States prior to and after December 21, 2000.
Section 245(i) of the INA provides that certain individuals may still adjust status despite the ground of ineligibility listed in section 245(c) of the INA, if the priority of their underlying immigrant visa petition is on or before April 30, 2001 and they can establish physical presence in the United States on the December 21, 2000.
As evidence of you eligibility under section 245(i), you claimed that you were grandfathered by the approved I-140 petition filed on your behalf by ABC COMPANY INC ( name is not disclosed here) the petitioner which has a priority date of April 18, 2001 under section 245(i) of the INA. As said petition was filed after January 14, 1998, you were required to provide evidence that you were physically presented in the U.S. before December 21, 2000.
In response to a Request for further Evidence (REF) issued by the officer on your Interview day on 6/8/2010, you appeared at the USCIS network Field office on 7/9/2010 as scheduled. You submitted the following document:
(1) Supplement A to the Form I-485 along with the $1000 penalty fee pursuant to Section 245(i) of the INA;
(2) An employment letter from a ( name not disclosed here) the president of ABC COMPANY INC ( name not disclosed here)
(3) Your attorney's statement regarding the employment portability under the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act;
(4) A Letter from an ( Person name not disclosed here) testifying your tenancy from 1/2000-12/2003 as the proof that you were physically presented in the United States around December 21, 2000.
Having reviewed the evidence you submitted, the service determines that you failed to establish that you were physically presented in the United States on December 21, 2000.
Thus, the service concludes that, lacking any evidence of Physical presence, you are statutory ineligible to adjust status under Section 2459i) if the Act. Therefore, your I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is Denied.
USCIS is not initiating removal procedures against you at this time. The decision resulting in the denial of form I-485 leaves you without lawful immigration status and you are presenting the United States in violation of the law. You are required to depart the United States within thirty days fro the date of this decision, or be subject to removal proceedings. Remaining in the United States beyond this time will also affect your ability to return to the Unites States, Also as of the date of this notice, any employment authorization granted based on the pendency of your application is hereby revoked.
------------------
Please suggest what should i do now. Can i appeal for it, If i appeal how long USCIS to take for decision. Will i ever get my GC approved.
I am really very depressed and tensed please help.
Thanks
My name is Moolchand Tanwar, i applied for GC got my I-140 Approved and few days back i got my I-485 Denial Notice. I here write the letter which i received from USCIS. Please go through the letter which i received and suggest me what should i do and where i can find a better help full attorney.
-------------------
DECISION ON APPLICATION FOR STATUS AS PERMANENT RESIDENT
Upon consideration, it is ordered that your I-485 be denied for the following reasons:
On February 4,2008, you filed an application to register permanent residence or Adjust status (form I-485) with USCIS (" the service") based upon an approved petition for Alien worker(I-40) with filed on your behalf by you employer, ABC COMPANY INC ( name not disclosed here) ( hereinafter as " the petitioner"). In doing so you sought to obtain an immigration benefit pursuant to section 245 of the immigration and nationality Act, as amended (the Act.)
On June 8, 2010, you appeared for an interview at the USCIS netwark Field office in connection with your I-485 application.
Service records revealed that entered the United States on August 15, 1997 as a nonimmigrant B2 Visitor with permission to remain in the United States for a temporary period not exceed 6 months, February 14, 1998. At the time of the filing of your form I-485, you were no longer in a lawful status. Therefore, you must satisfy the requirement under Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) in order to adjust status in the United States to that of a lawful permanent resident.
Section 245(i) of INA further states, in Pertinent part that:
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (a) and (c) of this section, an alien physically present in the United States----
(A)WHO-----
(i) entered the United States without inspection: or
(ii) is within one if the classed enumerated in subsection (c) of this section:
(B) who is the beneficiary (including a spouse or child of the principal alien, if eligible to receive a Visa under section 203(d) of---------
(i) a petition for classification under section 204 that filed with the Attorney general on or before April 30, 2001; or
(ii)an application for a labor certification under section 212(a)(5)(A) that filed pursuant to the regulations of the secretary of Labor on or before such date; and
(C) who, in the case of a beneficiary of a petition for classification, or an application for labor certification, described in subparagraph (B) that was filed after January 14, 1998, is physically presented in the united states on the date of the enactment of the LIFE Act Amendments of 2000;
may apply to the Attorney General for the adjustment of his or her status to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, The Attorney General may accept such application only the alien remits with such application a sun equaling $1,000 as of the date of receipt of the application.....
8 C.F.R Section 245.10(n) states in pertinent part that:
(n) Evidentiary requirement to demonstrate physical presence on December 21,2000.
(1) Unless the qualifying immigrant visa petition or application for labor certification was filed on or before January 14, 1998, a principal grandfathered alien must establish that he or she was physically present in the United States on December 21,2000 to the eligible to apply to adjust status under Section 245(i) of the Act. if no one document establishes the alien's physical presence on December 21,2000; he or she may submit several documents establishing his or her physical presence in the United States prior to and after December 21, 2000.
Section 245(i) of the INA provides that certain individuals may still adjust status despite the ground of ineligibility listed in section 245(c) of the INA, if the priority of their underlying immigrant visa petition is on or before April 30, 2001 and they can establish physical presence in the United States on the December 21, 2000.
As evidence of you eligibility under section 245(i), you claimed that you were grandfathered by the approved I-140 petition filed on your behalf by ABC COMPANY INC ( name is not disclosed here) the petitioner which has a priority date of April 18, 2001 under section 245(i) of the INA. As said petition was filed after January 14, 1998, you were required to provide evidence that you were physically presented in the U.S. before December 21, 2000.
In response to a Request for further Evidence (REF) issued by the officer on your Interview day on 6/8/2010, you appeared at the USCIS network Field office on 7/9/2010 as scheduled. You submitted the following document:
(1) Supplement A to the Form I-485 along with the $1000 penalty fee pursuant to Section 245(i) of the INA;
(2) An employment letter from a ( name not disclosed here) the president of ABC COMPANY INC ( name not disclosed here)
(3) Your attorney's statement regarding the employment portability under the American Competitiveness in the 21st Century Act;
(4) A Letter from an ( Person name not disclosed here) testifying your tenancy from 1/2000-12/2003 as the proof that you were physically presented in the United States around December 21, 2000.
Having reviewed the evidence you submitted, the service determines that you failed to establish that you were physically presented in the United States on December 21, 2000.
Thus, the service concludes that, lacking any evidence of Physical presence, you are statutory ineligible to adjust status under Section 2459i) if the Act. Therefore, your I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status is Denied.
USCIS is not initiating removal procedures against you at this time. The decision resulting in the denial of form I-485 leaves you without lawful immigration status and you are presenting the United States in violation of the law. You are required to depart the United States within thirty days fro the date of this decision, or be subject to removal proceedings. Remaining in the United States beyond this time will also affect your ability to return to the Unites States, Also as of the date of this notice, any employment authorization granted based on the pendency of your application is hereby revoked.
------------------
Please suggest what should i do now. Can i appeal for it, If i appeal how long USCIS to take for decision. Will i ever get my GC approved.
I am really very depressed and tensed please help.
Thanks
more...
house justin bieber dancing on ellen
DSLStart
01-28 01:02 PM
Not to disappoint you but in this case appeal does not have a good chance. Look at the link here (http://www.eichorn-law.com/CM/IntheNews/6.1.10%20Xpedite%20Technologies%20-%20BALCA%20affirms%20denial%20for%20travel%20requi rement%20in%20advertisements%20but%20not%20in%2090 89.pdf)...
Hi,..
My perm was applied in Apr audited and finally heard that my perm denied in July 2010.
Reason - travel language in the notice of filing but not on form 9089.
Attorney will be filing for an appeal. Do you think its a good option ? Also how long would it take to receive an answer?
As luck would have it , my H1-b 6 yrs expires in Nov -2010. However my company did apply for an extension to Oct 2011 based on my Perm. Now that my perm has been denied is that extension still valid?
thanks,..
Hi,..
My perm was applied in Apr audited and finally heard that my perm denied in July 2010.
Reason - travel language in the notice of filing but not on form 9089.
Attorney will be filing for an appeal. Do you think its a good option ? Also how long would it take to receive an answer?
As luck would have it , my H1-b 6 yrs expires in Nov -2010. However my company did apply for an extension to Oct 2011 based on my Perm. Now that my perm has been denied is that extension still valid?
thanks,..
tattoo “Justin Bieber - Teach Me How
sbmallik
10-19 10:13 AM
Answers below:
1. Once the I-140 was approved on your behalf, you get to keep the priority date unless the petition is judged as fraud or misrepresentation (per this forum). This is true even if the employer revokes the approved I-140. Keep a copy of I-140 and you should be fine.
2. The job titile need not match exactly, only the category needs to be same (per your labor certification document) - please check out this link (http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx). Select your job category and locate the job code and make sure the new job has the 'similar' code.
3. Also, starting a new GC process is not linked with the existing I-140 in other words there is no temporal constraint.
4. Not heard about that.
1. Once the I-140 was approved on your behalf, you get to keep the priority date unless the petition is judged as fraud or misrepresentation (per this forum). This is true even if the employer revokes the approved I-140. Keep a copy of I-140 and you should be fine.
2. The job titile need not match exactly, only the category needs to be same (per your labor certification document) - please check out this link (http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx). Select your job category and locate the job code and make sure the new job has the 'similar' code.
3. Also, starting a new GC process is not linked with the existing I-140 in other words there is no temporal constraint.
4. Not heard about that.
more...
pictures #39;The Jerk#39; Dance 1:54

Saralayar
06-04 12:19 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12514065?nclick_check=1
FTA:
"...
The law would also increase numerical caps on the number of visas for countries such as Mexico, the Philippines, China and India. People from those countries hoping to immigrate to the U.S. routinely face waits of more than a decade in a system with a backlog of 5.8 million people.
..."
The URL link do not work.
FTA:
"...
The law would also increase numerical caps on the number of visas for countries such as Mexico, the Philippines, China and India. People from those countries hoping to immigrate to the U.S. routinely face waits of more than a decade in a system with a backlog of 5.8 million people.
..."
The URL link do not work.
dresses justin bieber dougie and jerk.
skd
09-06 03:18 PM
Dear All,
I just received a FP notice for my wife scheduled for Sep 19, 2007. I have not received mine yet (I am the primary applicant), I have a few questions regarding this. Please help me if you have any information.
1. Is it normal for the primary applicant to not receive FP notice at the same time as dependent?
2. Can my wife get it done without me getting an FP notice?
3. Can I get my FP done on the same day as my wife even though I did not receive my FP notice?
4. I have filed for I-485, EAD and AP, will we both receive an FP notice for all 3 applications or it is just one FP for all applications?
Please help us with your expertise. Thank you very much for all your time.
PD: Aug 2005
EB3 INDIA
Nebraska
You should get yours in 1-2 days
I just received a FP notice for my wife scheduled for Sep 19, 2007. I have not received mine yet (I am the primary applicant), I have a few questions regarding this. Please help me if you have any information.
1. Is it normal for the primary applicant to not receive FP notice at the same time as dependent?
2. Can my wife get it done without me getting an FP notice?
3. Can I get my FP done on the same day as my wife even though I did not receive my FP notice?
4. I have filed for I-485, EAD and AP, will we both receive an FP notice for all 3 applications or it is just one FP for all applications?
Please help us with your expertise. Thank you very much for all your time.
PD: Aug 2005
EB3 INDIA
Nebraska
You should get yours in 1-2 days
more...
makeup justin bieber dancing 2011.
anilsal
11-11 08:58 PM
both the parties have decided not to touch immigration at all this year (till elections) they have decided against any increase in any numbers (h1b's, GC's) etc, so much so that the senate are requesting chertoff (homeland security secretary) to increase the OPT time for international student to 2.5 years so they can temp overide the h1b jam.
You seem to be knowing what really is happening there in DC. If yes, why are you not part of the IV team that is working for our issues? :)
We are hearing otherwise from IV. We trust IV.
You seem to be knowing what really is happening there in DC. If yes, why are you not part of the IV team that is working for our issues? :)
We are hearing otherwise from IV. We trust IV.
girlfriend mean justin bieber jokes.
GCNaseeb
10-31 09:29 AM
The nearest USCIS office is 70 miles from my home zip code. Is it ok if I schedule Infopass from my work zip which is less than 10 miles?
hairstyles sexy dance justin bieber

Aah_GC
07-11 02:18 PM
I was going through some comments by some folks in this forum (http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/NEWS02/707110350) - and one of them says - how come these guys were silent when they were pressing for Illegal Immigration reforms? What the heck? You live in this country on a budget with your employer and they expect you to solve the problems of this country.
Jakub (glus),
Good job on getting our message across. Good picture too! Finally we are seeing some faces behind the screen names.
http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/NEWS02/707110350
Jakub (glus),
Good job on getting our message across. Good picture too! Finally we are seeing some faces behind the screen names.
http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/NEWS02/707110350
beppenyc
03-20 08:15 PM
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-20-2006/0004323801&EDATE=
Q Okay. My question is, since 9/11, one of the key things that we need
is immigration reform, including comprehensive immigration reform that is
right now in front of Senator Specter's committee in the Judiciary. There are
two principles I'm hoping that you would support: One, the good people, the
engineers, the PhDs, the doctors, the nurses, the people in the system who
have followed the rules, will go to the head of the line in any form of
immigration reform. That's Title IVz of the bill.
Secondly, the illegals who have not followed the rules -- I understand the
debate, I appreciate your statements about immigration reform, but isn't it
better that we know who they are, have them finger-printed and photographed,
and allow some form of 245I to come back so --
THE PRESIDENT: Tell people what that is. Tell people what 245I is.
Q Okay -- 245I is a partial amnesty program that expired back in 2001,
in fact, was going to be voted on on 9/11, unfortunately. But those -- it was
a small segment of the illegal population where they would pay the $1,000 fine
and, for example, coming in illegally, then marrying an American citizen,
could somehow legalize their status.
THE PRESIDENT: Okay. Let me give you some broad principles on
immigration reform as I see them. First of all, we do need to know who's
coming into our country and whether they're coming in illegally, or not
legally -- legally or not legally -- and whether they're coming in or going
out. And part of reforms after September the 11th was a better system of
finding out who's coming here.
Secondly, we have a big border between Texas and Mexico that's really hard
to enforce. We got to do everything we can to enforce the border,
particularly in the south. I mean, it's the place where people are pouring
across in order to find work. We have a situation in our own neighborhood
where there are way -- disparities are huge, and there are jobs in America
that people won't do. That's just a fact. I met an onion grower today at the
airport when I arrived, and he said, you got to help me find people that will
grow onions -- pluck them, or whatever you do with them, you know.
(Laughter.) There are jobs that just simply aren't getting done because
Americans won't do them. And yet, if you're making 50 cents an hour in
Mexico, and you can make a lot more in America, and you got mouths to feed,
you're going to come and try to find the work. It's a big border, of which --
across which people are coming to provide a living for their families.
Step one of any immigration policy is to enforce our border in practical
ways. We are spending additional resources to be able to use different
detection devices, unmanned UAVs, to help -- and expand Border Patrol, by the
way, expand the number of agents on the border, to make sure we're getting
them the tools necessary to stop people from coming across in the first place.
Secondly, part of the issue we've had in the past is we've had -- for lack
of a better word -- catch and release; the Border Patrol would find people
sneaking in; they would then hold them for a period of time; they'd say, come
back and check in with us 45 days later, and then they wouldn't check in 45
days later. And they would disappear in society to do the work that some
Americans will not do.
And so we're changing catch and release. We're particularly focusing on
those from Central America who are coming across Mexico's southern border,
ending up in our own -- it's a long answer, but it's an important question:
How do we protect our borders, and at the same time, be a humane society?
Anyway, step one, focus on enforcing border; when we find people, send
them home, so that the work of our Border Patrol is productive work.
Secondly, it seems like to me that part of having a border security
program is to say to people who are hiring people here illegally, we're going
to hold you to account. The problem is our employers don't know whether
they're hiring people illegally because there's a whole forgery industry
around people being smuggled into the United States. There's a smuggling
industry and a forgery industry. And it's hard to ask our employers, the
onion guy out there, whether or not he's got -- whether or not the documents
that he's being shown that look real are real.
And so here's a better proposal than what we're doing today, which is to
say, if you're going to come to do a job an American won't do, you ought to be
given a foolproof card that says you can come for a limited period of time and
do work in a job an American won't do. That's border security because it
means that people will be willing to come in legally with a card to do work on
a limited basis, and then go home. And so the agents won't be chasing people
being smuggled in 18-wheelers or across the Arizona desert. They'll be able
to focus on drugs and terrorists and guns.
The fundamental question that he is referring to is, what do we do about -
- there's two questions -- one, should we have amnesty? And the answer, in my
judgment, is, no, we shouldn't have amnesty. In my judgment, granting
amnesty, automatic citizenship -- that's what amnesty means -- would cause
another 11 million people, or however many are here, to come in the hopes of
becoming a United States citizen. We shouldn't have amnesty. We ought to
have a program that says, you get in line like everybody else gets in line;
and that if the Congress feels like there needs to be higher quotas on certain
nationalities, raise the quotas. But don't let people get in front of the
line for somebody who has been playing by the rules. (Applause.)
And so, anyway, that's my ideas on good immigration policy. Obviously,
there's going to be some questions we have to answer: What about the person
who's been here since 1987 -- '86 was the last attempt at coming up with
immigration reform -- been here for a long period of time. They've raised a
family here. And my only advice for the Congress and for people in the debate
is understand what made America. We're a land of immigrants. This guy is
from Hungary, you know. (Applause.) And we got to treat people fairly.
We've got to have a system of law that is respectful for people.
I mean, the idea of having a program that causes people to get stuck in
the back of 18-wheelers, to risk their lives to sneak into America to do work
that some people won't do is just not American, in my judgment. And so I
would hope the debate would be civil and uphold the honor of this country.
And remember, we've been through these periods before, where the immigration
debate can get harsh. And it should not be harsh. And I hope -- my call for
people is to be rational about the debate and thoughtful about what words can
mean during this debate.
Final question, sir. You're paying me a lot of money and I got to go back
to work. (Laughter.)
PS I did not know about the story of I-245 on 9/11....
Q Okay. My question is, since 9/11, one of the key things that we need
is immigration reform, including comprehensive immigration reform that is
right now in front of Senator Specter's committee in the Judiciary. There are
two principles I'm hoping that you would support: One, the good people, the
engineers, the PhDs, the doctors, the nurses, the people in the system who
have followed the rules, will go to the head of the line in any form of
immigration reform. That's Title IVz of the bill.
Secondly, the illegals who have not followed the rules -- I understand the
debate, I appreciate your statements about immigration reform, but isn't it
better that we know who they are, have them finger-printed and photographed,
and allow some form of 245I to come back so --
THE PRESIDENT: Tell people what that is. Tell people what 245I is.
Q Okay -- 245I is a partial amnesty program that expired back in 2001,
in fact, was going to be voted on on 9/11, unfortunately. But those -- it was
a small segment of the illegal population where they would pay the $1,000 fine
and, for example, coming in illegally, then marrying an American citizen,
could somehow legalize their status.
THE PRESIDENT: Okay. Let me give you some broad principles on
immigration reform as I see them. First of all, we do need to know who's
coming into our country and whether they're coming in illegally, or not
legally -- legally or not legally -- and whether they're coming in or going
out. And part of reforms after September the 11th was a better system of
finding out who's coming here.
Secondly, we have a big border between Texas and Mexico that's really hard
to enforce. We got to do everything we can to enforce the border,
particularly in the south. I mean, it's the place where people are pouring
across in order to find work. We have a situation in our own neighborhood
where there are way -- disparities are huge, and there are jobs in America
that people won't do. That's just a fact. I met an onion grower today at the
airport when I arrived, and he said, you got to help me find people that will
grow onions -- pluck them, or whatever you do with them, you know.
(Laughter.) There are jobs that just simply aren't getting done because
Americans won't do them. And yet, if you're making 50 cents an hour in
Mexico, and you can make a lot more in America, and you got mouths to feed,
you're going to come and try to find the work. It's a big border, of which --
across which people are coming to provide a living for their families.
Step one of any immigration policy is to enforce our border in practical
ways. We are spending additional resources to be able to use different
detection devices, unmanned UAVs, to help -- and expand Border Patrol, by the
way, expand the number of agents on the border, to make sure we're getting
them the tools necessary to stop people from coming across in the first place.
Secondly, part of the issue we've had in the past is we've had -- for lack
of a better word -- catch and release; the Border Patrol would find people
sneaking in; they would then hold them for a period of time; they'd say, come
back and check in with us 45 days later, and then they wouldn't check in 45
days later. And they would disappear in society to do the work that some
Americans will not do.
And so we're changing catch and release. We're particularly focusing on
those from Central America who are coming across Mexico's southern border,
ending up in our own -- it's a long answer, but it's an important question:
How do we protect our borders, and at the same time, be a humane society?
Anyway, step one, focus on enforcing border; when we find people, send
them home, so that the work of our Border Patrol is productive work.
Secondly, it seems like to me that part of having a border security
program is to say to people who are hiring people here illegally, we're going
to hold you to account. The problem is our employers don't know whether
they're hiring people illegally because there's a whole forgery industry
around people being smuggled into the United States. There's a smuggling
industry and a forgery industry. And it's hard to ask our employers, the
onion guy out there, whether or not he's got -- whether or not the documents
that he's being shown that look real are real.
And so here's a better proposal than what we're doing today, which is to
say, if you're going to come to do a job an American won't do, you ought to be
given a foolproof card that says you can come for a limited period of time and
do work in a job an American won't do. That's border security because it
means that people will be willing to come in legally with a card to do work on
a limited basis, and then go home. And so the agents won't be chasing people
being smuggled in 18-wheelers or across the Arizona desert. They'll be able
to focus on drugs and terrorists and guns.
The fundamental question that he is referring to is, what do we do about -
- there's two questions -- one, should we have amnesty? And the answer, in my
judgment, is, no, we shouldn't have amnesty. In my judgment, granting
amnesty, automatic citizenship -- that's what amnesty means -- would cause
another 11 million people, or however many are here, to come in the hopes of
becoming a United States citizen. We shouldn't have amnesty. We ought to
have a program that says, you get in line like everybody else gets in line;
and that if the Congress feels like there needs to be higher quotas on certain
nationalities, raise the quotas. But don't let people get in front of the
line for somebody who has been playing by the rules. (Applause.)
And so, anyway, that's my ideas on good immigration policy. Obviously,
there's going to be some questions we have to answer: What about the person
who's been here since 1987 -- '86 was the last attempt at coming up with
immigration reform -- been here for a long period of time. They've raised a
family here. And my only advice for the Congress and for people in the debate
is understand what made America. We're a land of immigrants. This guy is
from Hungary, you know. (Applause.) And we got to treat people fairly.
We've got to have a system of law that is respectful for people.
I mean, the idea of having a program that causes people to get stuck in
the back of 18-wheelers, to risk their lives to sneak into America to do work
that some people won't do is just not American, in my judgment. And so I
would hope the debate would be civil and uphold the honor of this country.
And remember, we've been through these periods before, where the immigration
debate can get harsh. And it should not be harsh. And I hope -- my call for
people is to be rational about the debate and thoughtful about what words can
mean during this debate.
Final question, sir. You're paying me a lot of money and I got to go back
to work. (Laughter.)
PS I did not know about the story of I-245 on 9/11....
shahrooz
08-26 09:21 PM
Here's my story, I'll try to make it short. Aug. '04 LC applicant. Filed for I-140 & I-485 (conc.) in Feb. '07. FP done in April. Received an e-mail from USCIS on 8.17.07 stating that an RFE letter has been issued for me on 8.16.07. Last friday (8.24.07) called my attorney, she said they haven't received it. She said they (their law firm) have changed their office location and informed USCIS in general, but not for each specific application they have filed, so it might take 3 weeks before we receive the FRE letter and usually there's a 30 day deadline for applicant to respond. Well, I got scared a little. I called USCIS customer service. The operator said she doesn't have access to specifics of case, e.g. nature of RFE letter, timeline for response (30, 42, 84 days) & etc. She also said there's zero chance for an extension to be granted to the applicant, if he can't provide the requested document within the timeline allowed by USCIS.
I called my attorney again. She said she had mailed all documents along with the application, except for previous work experience (which will be from my home country since I've worked for only 1 employer since I came to the U.S. in 2004)
Now my question is:
1- What if I don't receive the RFE letter in time?
2- Any loops to gain an extension if I can't make it before 30 days?
3- Any ways to find out about the nature of FRE letter?
4- Does this mean that I'll easily lose everything including 4 years of waiting if I just don't receive the RFE letter in time and can't provide them with what they're asking for? (Someone please answer NO to this question! :( )
5- Any advices, suggestions, similar experiences, ideas or solutions?
I appreciate any kind of feedback on this, since I'm almost shaking in here!
I called my attorney again. She said she had mailed all documents along with the application, except for previous work experience (which will be from my home country since I've worked for only 1 employer since I came to the U.S. in 2004)
Now my question is:
1- What if I don't receive the RFE letter in time?
2- Any loops to gain an extension if I can't make it before 30 days?
3- Any ways to find out about the nature of FRE letter?
4- Does this mean that I'll easily lose everything including 4 years of waiting if I just don't receive the RFE letter in time and can't provide them with what they're asking for? (Someone please answer NO to this question! :( )
5- Any advices, suggestions, similar experiences, ideas or solutions?
I appreciate any kind of feedback on this, since I'm almost shaking in here!

No comments:
Post a Comment