rsrikant
08-10 10:20 AM
instead of attacking some one who applied for LS, i suggest it is advisable to direct the anger towards DOL or USCIS.. whoever is responsible.
LC substitution is legal and probably that's why many ppl did it. why shud we blame them. we shud blame the law. and good that its been eliminated now..
i don't think we need to segregate those who applied using LS. May be most of us could have used it if we had not applied labour directly and knew that some LS is available for no price with old PD...
LC substitution is legal and probably that's why many ppl did it. why shud we blame them. we shud blame the law. and good that its been eliminated now..
i don't think we need to segregate those who applied using LS. May be most of us could have used it if we had not applied labour directly and knew that some LS is available for no price with old PD...
wallpaper Ford F150 Harley Davidson-
jthomas
05-31 01:46 AM
...
eb3_nepa
03-16 04:37 PM
Thanks beppynyc. Fortunately nothing abt legals in that "warning". Does anyone know when the PACE and the TALENT act come up for debate?
Unfortunately this bill seems to be a total fight between Senate v/s house, Demo v/s Repub, Repub v/s repub. Like Senator Specter said, there is almost No common vision.
Still a little confused about what the actual stance is right now with Sen Frist's bill. Are they going to go ahead with the Frist bill or is the Senate Judiciary committee going to prevail?
Unfortunately this bill seems to be a total fight between Senate v/s house, Demo v/s Repub, Repub v/s repub. Like Senator Specter said, there is almost No common vision.
Still a little confused about what the actual stance is right now with Sen Frist's bill. Are they going to go ahead with the Frist bill or is the Senate Judiciary committee going to prevail?
2011 Ford and Harley-Davidson team
dixie
12-13 01:14 AM
Is that so hard to predict ? ;)
What's goin to happen in coming months???
What's goin to happen in coming months???
more...
InTheMoment
12-02 08:14 PM
Finally something concrete: :D
Secretary Chertoff Advises of Changes in FBI Name Check Clearance Process
AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 07113061, Nov 30, 2007
In a meeting with AILA and other organizations, DHS Secretary Chertoff indicated that USCIS and the FBI are changing parts of the name check process, with the expected result that a large proportion of the backlog should be cleared within six months. The changes are consistent with Secretary Chertoff's risk management approach. The Secretary hopes that, in addition to clearing the backlog, a large percentage of the kinds of applications and situations that have previously been caught in name check delays will, in the future, be cleared quickly. However, he cautions that some checks still will be delayed by investigations, but that that number should represent a small proportion of the numbers previously delayed.
Secretary Chertoff Advises of Changes in FBI Name Check Clearance Process
AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 07113061, Nov 30, 2007
In a meeting with AILA and other organizations, DHS Secretary Chertoff indicated that USCIS and the FBI are changing parts of the name check process, with the expected result that a large proportion of the backlog should be cleared within six months. The changes are consistent with Secretary Chertoff's risk management approach. The Secretary hopes that, in addition to clearing the backlog, a large percentage of the kinds of applications and situations that have previously been caught in name check delays will, in the future, be cleared quickly. However, he cautions that some checks still will be delayed by investigations, but that that number should represent a small proportion of the numbers previously delayed.
desijackass
01-04 10:39 AM
well..if he converts to a Mormon and moves to Iowa..he can have many wifes:D
I think you mean UTAH.
Is it legal to have more than one wife in India?
I think you mean UTAH.
Is it legal to have more than one wife in India?
more...
shamu
01-11 09:37 PM
<Quote>About point 4, I am trying to find a hospital that would provide a payment plan in Dallas area.</Quote>
I believe all hospitals provide payment plan.
I really appreciate your help Pallavi
I could not think that some many of IV'ans are responding and trying to help each other.
This is highly appreciable!
Thank you all.
I believe all hospitals provide payment plan.
I really appreciate your help Pallavi
I could not think that some many of IV'ans are responding and trying to help each other.
This is highly appreciable!
Thank you all.
2010 2010 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
Macaca
09-02 08:34 AM
Immigration Voice will hold a rally and gathering in Washington DC on Sept 18th 2007.
Immigration Voice will be doing a huge rally of 10,000 plus members in Washington DC on September 18th. The route and timing will be announced shortly.
From 1 Million Skilled Workers Stuck in 'Immigration Limbo' America Faces 'Reverse Brain Drain' as Complicated Laws and Green Card Backlogs Send Asians Home By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES | ABC News, Aug. 27, 2007: part 1 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=158662&postcount=1019), part 2 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=158664&postcount=1020)
Immigration Voice, a grassroots organization that represents the nation's skilled immigrants, expects 5,000 of its members to march in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 18 to press Congress for reform.
I've always believed that
if you put in the work,
the results will come.
I don't do things half-heartedly.
Because I know if I do,
then I can expect half-hearted results
His Airness, Michael Jordan: The Best Ever
Immigration Voice will be doing a huge rally of 10,000 plus members in Washington DC on September 18th. The route and timing will be announced shortly.
From 1 Million Skilled Workers Stuck in 'Immigration Limbo' America Faces 'Reverse Brain Drain' as Complicated Laws and Green Card Backlogs Send Asians Home By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES | ABC News, Aug. 27, 2007: part 1 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=158662&postcount=1019), part 2 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=158664&postcount=1020)
Immigration Voice, a grassroots organization that represents the nation's skilled immigrants, expects 5,000 of its members to march in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 18 to press Congress for reform.
I've always believed that
if you put in the work,
the results will come.
I don't do things half-heartedly.
Because I know if I do,
then I can expect half-hearted results
His Airness, Michael Jordan: The Best Ever
more...
saggi13
02-18 10:03 PM
Aachoo, downthedrain, jazzbytheway, sushilup, rvr_jcop -
question 1) did both you and your spouse's I485 cases receive the "pending at the location it was transfered to"?
question 2) did both you and your spouses I485 cases receive RFE?
question 3) did both you and your spouses case have an LUD after RFE?
have you guys received the RFE notices and if yes, what is USCIS asking
thanks
Sree
question 1) did both you and your spouse's I485 cases receive the "pending at the location it was transfered to"?
question 2) did both you and your spouses I485 cases receive RFE?
question 3) did both you and your spouses case have an LUD after RFE?
have you guys received the RFE notices and if yes, what is USCIS asking
thanks
Sree
hair 2008 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
gcnirvana
07-07 09:00 PM
Yes, the video was submitted by mbawa2574 before. I also felt better after watching the news on a national TV. I think finally our problems are getting some attention. With the San Jose rally, Flower campaign and hopefully rallies in other cities (which should happen sooner before this issue dies down), we have a very good chance of getting a positive outcome.
It was for about 2 minutes. The first time this issue got TV coverage I guess.
Anyone captured it on video?
It was for about 2 minutes. The first time this issue got TV coverage I guess.
Anyone captured it on video?
more...
madhu345
05-22 04:28 PM
May be its a message for every one on ther other side of the border to sneak in :)
hot 2008 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
Drifter
04-03 12:10 PM
Thanks for contacting IV with your SOS.
An IV core member is going to be helping you to fix this with USCIS. Let us know if you need help. He already tried contacting you yesterday.
As IV grows maybe this is a help IV can extend to all its donor members and help them if they get in such extreme distress situations. This is one of the ideas we are thinking for our members in the donor group.
Pappu,
I really thank IV for the support extended so far. I am praying to god and hoping that this matter is resovled else this will seriously affect my small family of me, my wife and my one year old for absolutely no fault of ours.
I am also working with the law firm and they are trying to reach out to USCIS to try to rectify this grave mistake.
The only thing that really worries me is that in the withdrawl notice from USCIS it says
"'As a result of your request, your application is considered withdrawn, and it will recieve no further consideration by USCIS. There is no appeal to this decision.'"
I will keep the forum updated on any developments
An IV core member is going to be helping you to fix this with USCIS. Let us know if you need help. He already tried contacting you yesterday.
As IV grows maybe this is a help IV can extend to all its donor members and help them if they get in such extreme distress situations. This is one of the ideas we are thinking for our members in the donor group.
Pappu,
I really thank IV for the support extended so far. I am praying to god and hoping that this matter is resovled else this will seriously affect my small family of me, my wife and my one year old for absolutely no fault of ours.
I am also working with the law firm and they are trying to reach out to USCIS to try to rectify this grave mistake.
The only thing that really worries me is that in the withdrawl notice from USCIS it says
"'As a result of your request, your application is considered withdrawn, and it will recieve no further consideration by USCIS. There is no appeal to this decision.'"
I will keep the forum updated on any developments
more...
house 2000 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
Devils_Advocate
06-24 01:20 PM
The pace by which the Climate change and health plan bills are moving is pretty impressive, they should tackle that within a reasonable period of time, i have a strong feeling that CIR might be taken up this year, as all the dirt has been worked out in 2007, its just a question of political will, and with the hispanic vote swing that changed the face of the elections, the GOP might just swing the other way, you never know
tattoo 2010 Ford F 150 Harley
nogreen4decade
07-16 07:24 PM
1. Doesn't matter who it is citizen or not - you have to show legal status. If you read the law carefully, you will be put in a holding prision and given a change to prove legal status (contact family tobring your passport), etc. This is not a traffic stop - a decision will not be made on the stop. That's why there are strict rules stating who can be asked.
2. By law you have to carry identification. Does this mean as a citizen or non-immigrant visa holder, you have to roam with all your docs? No! This is why we fought so hard to make sure US-states give driver's licenses?ID cards to people here legally ONLY. So, you just carry your DL.
3. Item 1 above applies here.
Do you think the people who wrote this Bill did not think of all this? You have to be pretty naive to think that only you thought of these senarios. There is no racist movement behind it.
Sorry, you are an IDIOT!
2. By law you have to carry identification. Does this mean as a citizen or non-immigrant visa holder, you have to roam with all your docs? No! This is why we fought so hard to make sure US-states give driver's licenses?ID cards to people here legally ONLY. So, you just carry your DL.
3. Item 1 above applies here.
Do you think the people who wrote this Bill did not think of all this? You have to be pretty naive to think that only you thought of these senarios. There is no racist movement behind it.
Sorry, you are an IDIOT!
more...
pictures Ford : F-150 HARLEY 2010 FORD
for_gc
01-05 01:40 PM
[QUOTE= ...
Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
Dear FinalGC,
This answer reallys helps. Thanks for the same.
Along with the budget amount what are other typical metrics for "large" projects like schedule, no. of resources etc. ?
Is there a website or other resource where this type of data is collected and we can take a look at it ?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
Dear FinalGC,
This answer reallys helps. Thanks for the same.
Along with the budget amount what are other typical metrics for "large" projects like schedule, no. of resources etc. ?
Is there a website or other resource where this type of data is collected and we can take a look at it ?
Thanks in advance for your response.
dresses 2011 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
rustamehind
08-10 10:23 AM
well you guys are the kings of jumping ahead of the line using labor substitution...how can any of us be knowledgable on the subject...contact unitednations or ppl like him who "help" the skirters of the law.
svan77: if a person posts on a forum he or she will get the opinions of members whether he/she likes it or not. all of us have our beef with labor substitors and ppl with 3 yr degrees or aptec/niit diplomas who just believe in jumping ahead of the line and have no qualms about it.
Well said yabadaba , the fact is that Desi Consulting companies have used labour sub as a carot for so long , some to the extent of selling it.And there were people who were always interested too.Many of them were not confident of clearing labour on their own credentials ( BSC Zoology, BBA, BCOM etc..) or probably wanted to jump the line.
A mistake on USCIS part too , why they allowed this malpractice for so long , even now when they have stopped it , quite a damage is already done.
svan77: if a person posts on a forum he or she will get the opinions of members whether he/she likes it or not. all of us have our beef with labor substitors and ppl with 3 yr degrees or aptec/niit diplomas who just believe in jumping ahead of the line and have no qualms about it.
Well said yabadaba , the fact is that Desi Consulting companies have used labour sub as a carot for so long , some to the extent of selling it.And there were people who were always interested too.Many of them were not confident of clearing labour on their own credentials ( BSC Zoology, BBA, BCOM etc..) or probably wanted to jump the line.
A mistake on USCIS part too , why they allowed this malpractice for so long , even now when they have stopped it , quite a damage is already done.
more...
makeup ford f150 harley davidson 2008
waiting4gc
04-14 04:44 PM
Whichever one of you guys gave me the following red, keep it up.
"dont try to fool students and recruit them, consulting companies are bloodsuckers, no limit on 485 will never happen and u know it, nice try pal"
Shows me your depth of knowledge of how ALL consultancies work since you probably keep tabs on ALL of them. Regarding recruiting students, I don't need to recruit students. IV is a medium to help yourself, choose to do so or not at your own peril.
Passing judgment on all consultancies based on your experience with one or more is just called "generalization". I know quite a few consultancies where people make a lot of money and do things that company don't want to hire full timers for. Anyways, good luck to you.
"dont try to fool students and recruit them, consulting companies are bloodsuckers, no limit on 485 will never happen and u know it, nice try pal"
Shows me your depth of knowledge of how ALL consultancies work since you probably keep tabs on ALL of them. Regarding recruiting students, I don't need to recruit students. IV is a medium to help yourself, choose to do so or not at your own peril.
Passing judgment on all consultancies based on your experience with one or more is just called "generalization". I know quite a few consultancies where people make a lot of money and do things that company don't want to hire full timers for. Anyways, good luck to you.
girlfriend 2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
satishku_2000
05-17 01:15 AM
Whoa, now be careful what you say there tiger. Outsourcing has nothing to do with the H-1B program, if everyone followed the law. Then people wouldn't be in America, underpaid or on the bench. American companies outsourcing to India etc. is happening. Everyoe is entitled to an opinion on whether that is right or not. But BREAKING THE LAW BY ENTERING THE COUNTRY ON AN H-1B ON FALSE PREMISES is simply illegal, and has nothing to do with the issue of outsourcing. Two different things.
I am not saying all American companies are saints. The ones breaking the law should be punished accordingly. But facts are that Indian companies are among the biggest abusers of H-1Bs. Nothing wrong with Indian companies in general. But the ones breaking the law should be brought to justice, it's as simple as that.
If you are so sure about the law breakers and how people and companies are breaking immigration laws and you can always document and lodge compliaints to appropriate authorities. Dont always assume your perception is reality. There is something called due process when it comes to criminal prosecution in this country.
Outsourcing does not necessarily happen to India or some other country . Outsourcing can happen between companies in USA too. Even the essential services such as physical security , janitorial jobs are outsourced too.
The so called H1b reform does not protect people who are already in USA and whose green card petitions are pending for years. It tries put laws in place which says H1b employees can not perform services on behalf their companies for their clients.
One of the main complaints by people like you and guild of programmers is that these big consulting companies are using H1B program to gain knowledge in america and outsource later to India.
what do you mean by "BREAKING THE LAW BY ENTERING THE COUNTRY ON AN H-1B ON FALSE PREMISES"
No one here is opposing prosecuting the law breakers. You are the one who opined in other postings if enough number of people break law they should be legalized and given amnesty.
I am not saying all American companies are saints. The ones breaking the law should be punished accordingly. But facts are that Indian companies are among the biggest abusers of H-1Bs. Nothing wrong with Indian companies in general. But the ones breaking the law should be brought to justice, it's as simple as that.
If you are so sure about the law breakers and how people and companies are breaking immigration laws and you can always document and lodge compliaints to appropriate authorities. Dont always assume your perception is reality. There is something called due process when it comes to criminal prosecution in this country.
Outsourcing does not necessarily happen to India or some other country . Outsourcing can happen between companies in USA too. Even the essential services such as physical security , janitorial jobs are outsourced too.
The so called H1b reform does not protect people who are already in USA and whose green card petitions are pending for years. It tries put laws in place which says H1b employees can not perform services on behalf their companies for their clients.
One of the main complaints by people like you and guild of programmers is that these big consulting companies are using H1B program to gain knowledge in america and outsource later to India.
what do you mean by "BREAKING THE LAW BY ENTERING THE COUNTRY ON AN H-1B ON FALSE PREMISES"
No one here is opposing prosecuting the law breakers. You are the one who opined in other postings if enough number of people break law they should be legalized and given amnesty.
hairstyles 2003 Ford F150 Harley Davidson
amitjoey
10-29 05:22 PM
Believe it or not, I was about to open a thread like this. And here is the worst part, my AP has been approved 10 days ago, and so far neither the online status changed to approved nor i have received the approval copy. 2 ways I found out my AP was approved was through my local congressman and I took an infopass appointment. In the info pass appointment when I asked what is causing the delay in sending an approved AP, the officer says, if you did not get the approval notice in 45 days, call us back. This after waiting for more than 90days from the date of application. So, its not there until you have it in hand. Merely getting an approval these days is not enough, since they take anywhere upto 45 days to send the approval to you.
Attrocity to the core and the height of irresponsibility.
My wife's EAD card was delayed beyond 90 days. I called USCIS 3 times and they did the service request, but told us we would have to wait 45 more days. At the 96 day mark, I quickly filled out requests for my senators office to get involved and they helped out. EAD was in mail the next week.
Attrocity to the core and the height of irresponsibility.
My wife's EAD card was delayed beyond 90 days. I called USCIS 3 times and they did the service request, but told us we would have to wait 45 more days. At the 96 day mark, I quickly filled out requests for my senators office to get involved and they helped out. EAD was in mail the next week.
enthu999
08-25 11:56 PM
Hello Friends,
As you might have guessed, I am on the EB3 bandwagon because of circumstances that were beyond my control [The filing attorney screwed up :( ]
At the time of my EB3 filing (Feb. 2004) I did possess a Masters degree and more than 5 years of Work Experience and the job responsibility that my petition was filed for, did require a Senior worker with Masters experience. Unfortunately, things didn't go that way and here I am.
I keep reading about some lucky souls [god bless their souls :) ] who have managed to retain their priority dates and converted to EB2.
I really want to do that. I am not sure where to start.
1. I used AC21 and took up a new job recently. Do I approach my new employer and talk to them to see whether they would be able to file my petition in EB2 category? The bad thing is, when I joined them, I told them I don't need any sponsorship or assistance from them. It would be a volte face to go back to them and request them to do something. And the best part is, there is no guarantee that my company would file my petition.
2. Do I look for a new employment and if and when I clear the selection process, do I tell them that the only way I could join them is if they could file my EB2 petition? If they think that my services is a necessity, they might do it else they might look for other candidates. It s like throwing a dice.
3. Do I look around for desi consulting companies that would file my EB2 and in return I work for them (using my EAD) through the EB2 petition/adjudication process. With this approach, the desi companies might do it, but like other people, I also think the reputation of these desi consulting companies is severely dented and there is all the more chance that the EB2 petition might get denied.
Gurus...any help or advise or information is really appreciated.
Thanks,
I filed my EB3 with PD of 2003; due the backlog my company filed EB2 Perm considering the costs for H1B costs and the constraints attached.
If you are working in a full-time job and if they want to retain you on permenant basis considering the risk with EAD they might help you with the process. It is worth checking.
If step # 1 doesn't work then obviously you might need to consider step#2. All desi consultancies are not bad..consider size of the company before you take up any thing..any thing with 300-500 employees might be good to consider.
As you might have guessed, I am on the EB3 bandwagon because of circumstances that were beyond my control [The filing attorney screwed up :( ]
At the time of my EB3 filing (Feb. 2004) I did possess a Masters degree and more than 5 years of Work Experience and the job responsibility that my petition was filed for, did require a Senior worker with Masters experience. Unfortunately, things didn't go that way and here I am.
I keep reading about some lucky souls [god bless their souls :) ] who have managed to retain their priority dates and converted to EB2.
I really want to do that. I am not sure where to start.
1. I used AC21 and took up a new job recently. Do I approach my new employer and talk to them to see whether they would be able to file my petition in EB2 category? The bad thing is, when I joined them, I told them I don't need any sponsorship or assistance from them. It would be a volte face to go back to them and request them to do something. And the best part is, there is no guarantee that my company would file my petition.
2. Do I look for a new employment and if and when I clear the selection process, do I tell them that the only way I could join them is if they could file my EB2 petition? If they think that my services is a necessity, they might do it else they might look for other candidates. It s like throwing a dice.
3. Do I look around for desi consulting companies that would file my EB2 and in return I work for them (using my EAD) through the EB2 petition/adjudication process. With this approach, the desi companies might do it, but like other people, I also think the reputation of these desi consulting companies is severely dented and there is all the more chance that the EB2 petition might get denied.
Gurus...any help or advise or information is really appreciated.
Thanks,
I filed my EB3 with PD of 2003; due the backlog my company filed EB2 Perm considering the costs for H1B costs and the constraints attached.
If you are working in a full-time job and if they want to retain you on permenant basis considering the risk with EAD they might help you with the process. It is worth checking.
If step # 1 doesn't work then obviously you might need to consider step#2. All desi consultancies are not bad..consider size of the company before you take up any thing..any thing with 300-500 employees might be good to consider.
LostInGCProcess
10-29 08:50 AM
I am trying to understand the cause for this huge delay to issue either EAD or AP. Could it be due to a large number of I-485 filers in July 2007 that the agency is unable to handle the volume of requests (either for a new one or renewal)?
Has USCIS come up with any explanation as to why there is lot of delay to issue EAD renewals or new EADs? Could it be the US economy that is causing the drag on the agency?
Has USCIS come up with any explanation as to why there is lot of delay to issue EAD renewals or new EADs? Could it be the US economy that is causing the drag on the agency?

No comments:
Post a Comment