
BECsufferer
02-12 09:02 AM
Totally support this. However as someone pointed above, please keep message short, cordial, respectfull, positive and patriotic ( towards US).
I differ on describing, how much we make, instead how and what we contribute to nation. My sugestions, describe briefly if you are in;
Medical Profession: Highlight how your service in under-previliaged area is uplifting life of patients and neighborhood.
IT: How your work and company is making the nation more competent and advanced
Automotove: How your work will realize green car revolution and create factory jobs
Infrastrucutre/ Others: Same as above
Aerospace/DEfense: How you are supporting our troops protect nation.
Any other industry I missed, please fill in for yourself. Again be positive, cordial and no-demands.
I differ on describing, how much we make, instead how and what we contribute to nation. My sugestions, describe briefly if you are in;
Medical Profession: Highlight how your service in under-previliaged area is uplifting life of patients and neighborhood.
IT: How your work and company is making the nation more competent and advanced
Automotove: How your work will realize green car revolution and create factory jobs
Infrastrucutre/ Others: Same as above
Aerospace/DEfense: How you are supporting our troops protect nation.
Any other industry I missed, please fill in for yourself. Again be positive, cordial and no-demands.
wallpaper sleeve tattoos

zilmax007
07-31 06:02 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Bump

Almond
07-17 09:17 AM
If it is mentioned in I-140 approval, do we supposed to write in I-485 and other applications? As I understand, A# is registration # and which is assigned when I-485 is accepted? Please somebody confirm it.
That's your alien number and it's given to you when your I140 is approved. See my post above.
That's your alien number and it's given to you when your I140 is approved. See my post above.
2011 praying angel tattoos. angels
ashkam
03-23 03:35 PM
Hello gurus,
need little help from you guys. Right now i am on H1b.
I am about to file my Family based I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131. on all these forms they are asking for A# ( Alien Registration Number).
I was on F1 visa before. so i have one expired EAD card which i got during my OPT in 2005. this card has a A#.
so should i put this A# on all forms( I-485,I-130,I-765,I-131) or leave it blank.???
H1bdude1
You can give your OPT A# but once you're assigned a permanent visa number, they'll give you a different number. Your OPT A# is just a temporary number.
need little help from you guys. Right now i am on H1b.
I am about to file my Family based I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131. on all these forms they are asking for A# ( Alien Registration Number).
I was on F1 visa before. so i have one expired EAD card which i got during my OPT in 2005. this card has a A#.
so should i put this A# on all forms( I-485,I-130,I-765,I-131) or leave it blank.???
H1bdude1
You can give your OPT A# but once you're assigned a permanent visa number, they'll give you a different number. Your OPT A# is just a temporary number.
more...
whiteStallion
11-18 09:31 PM
I guess you already know but can't help to remind this :
USPS has a system of mail-forwarding. After leaving your old-address, if you notify USPS, USPS will continue to forward all your first class mails to your new address specified by you. You can do it Online @ usps.com... I guess they charge $1 for verifying your address from the CC address, if you do it online(which I did).
So, NO, your mails will not be lost!
Did you even read my first post?
No one would like their documents delivered to a wrong address, sent back and lost in mail etc?
USPS has a system of mail-forwarding. After leaving your old-address, if you notify USPS, USPS will continue to forward all your first class mails to your new address specified by you. You can do it Online @ usps.com... I guess they charge $1 for verifying your address from the CC address, if you do it online(which I did).
So, NO, your mails will not be lost!
Did you even read my first post?
No one would like their documents delivered to a wrong address, sent back and lost in mail etc?
nath.exists
11-05 04:35 PM
Thanks a lot, you cleared all my doubts. Yes you are right i was confusing my case with the GC based on marriage.Thanks again.
more...
manchala
10-19 06:01 PM
I donated 50$ recently. It is nothing compared to what others did but it is a start
Nice idea, but here is what I think...
Whats the point of donating after you get your Green card? Donate now in place of later and you can benefit from your own donation...and IV can get that money sooner :)
Nice idea, but here is what I think...
Whats the point of donating after you get your Green card? Donate now in place of later and you can benefit from your own donation...and IV can get that money sooner :)
2010 Angel Heart Tattoos
pmgthj
03-13 09:53 PM
Please help! My I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer because of visa availability. My case is EB2 PERM based and I filed I-485 in July 2007 when the visa number was available.
Apparently USCIS made a mistake if they have any knowledge of the wellknown visa bulletin fiasco of July 2007 (Visa bulletiin No. 107). What should I do to correct this? If I file a motion to reopen (MTR), it will cost me $1500 legal fee+$585 filing fee. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Here is what it said:" At the time you filed your I-485, the Visa Bulletin of the Department of State provided that the employment based visas were unavailable for persons in your category. Section 245.2 of title 8 of the Code of Regulations (CFR) states, in part:'an immigration visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act," ...
Apparently USCIS made a mistake if they have any knowledge of the wellknown visa bulletin fiasco of July 2007 (Visa bulletiin No. 107). What should I do to correct this? If I file a motion to reopen (MTR), it will cost me $1500 legal fee+$585 filing fee. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Here is what it said:" At the time you filed your I-485, the Visa Bulletin of the Department of State provided that the employment based visas were unavailable for persons in your category. Section 245.2 of title 8 of the Code of Regulations (CFR) states, in part:'an immigration visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act," ...
more...
hejilac1224
09-13 03:41 PM
Has you h1b finally been approved? I' m interested to what happened next as I am now on the same situation. Thanks and GL.
hair On the other hand, most men
pamposh
01-23 03:23 PM
To present our case, we need facts. Like for example
-Drop in admissions/applications/exams for US universities
http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/senate/news/source/intnl.grads.pdf cites "constraints on visas and immigration" are among the reasons for the decline
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20060106/a_students06.art.htm says "Rising U.S. tuitions, increased tension between much of the world and the United States and post-9/11-related immigration issues have all fed a decline in foreign student enrollment. So, too, has heightened competition from the rest of the developed world"
http://www.aascu.org/policy_matters/pdf/v2n11.pdf also supports that on page 3
-Number of people on H1-B buying homes
http://www.census.gov/prod/3/98pubs/cenbr974.pdf
-Evidence showing H1-Bs earn similar salaries/hourly rates, as rest of the industry
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=913&wit_id=475
It is hard to determine the impact of H-1B workers on comparable U.S. workers. The only comprehensive effort to date, conducted in 2000 by the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences, concluded that the magnitude of any effect the H-1B program has on wages is difficult to estimate with confidence. The report noted that the effect, if any, may not be to depress wages and employment opportunities for U.S. workers but rather to keep wages from rising as rapidly as they would if the program did not exist. Another study in 2001 similarly concluded that if the H-1B program has any effect on comparable U.S. workers, the effect must be subtle because it does not appear immediately in the data.
-Age Pattern of the Science and Engineering Labor Force
http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind04/c3/c3s3.htm#c3s3l1a Absent changes in degree production, retirement patterns, or immigration, the number of S&E-trained workers in the labor force will continue to grow for some time, but the growth rate may slow significantly as a dramatically greater proportion of the S&E labor force reaches traditional retirement age. As the growth rate slows, the average age of the S&E labor force will increase.
And later "Taken together, these factors suggest a slower-growing and older S&E labor force. Both trends would be accentuated if either new degree production were to drop or immigration to slow, both concerns raised by a recent report of the Committee on Education and Human Resources Task Force on National Workforce "
I am also trying to gather information about the points given below
- Number of H1-Bs becoming US citizens (when given a chance)
_________
- A $$ amount of value addition of H1-Bs to the US economy
_________
- Number of children that are US citizens from H1-B families.
_________
Any help in pointing to any articles etc that you may have come across is good. Please keep in mind that these studies should have stats in them and should be recent material
Thanks
Sandeep
Great job Sandeep, thanks for all your research and hard work.
Ausi
-Drop in admissions/applications/exams for US universities
http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/senate/news/source/intnl.grads.pdf cites "constraints on visas and immigration" are among the reasons for the decline
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20060106/a_students06.art.htm says "Rising U.S. tuitions, increased tension between much of the world and the United States and post-9/11-related immigration issues have all fed a decline in foreign student enrollment. So, too, has heightened competition from the rest of the developed world"
http://www.aascu.org/policy_matters/pdf/v2n11.pdf also supports that on page 3
-Number of people on H1-B buying homes
http://www.census.gov/prod/3/98pubs/cenbr974.pdf
-Evidence showing H1-Bs earn similar salaries/hourly rates, as rest of the industry
http://judiciary.senate.gov/testimony.cfm?id=913&wit_id=475
It is hard to determine the impact of H-1B workers on comparable U.S. workers. The only comprehensive effort to date, conducted in 2000 by the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences, concluded that the magnitude of any effect the H-1B program has on wages is difficult to estimate with confidence. The report noted that the effect, if any, may not be to depress wages and employment opportunities for U.S. workers but rather to keep wages from rising as rapidly as they would if the program did not exist. Another study in 2001 similarly concluded that if the H-1B program has any effect on comparable U.S. workers, the effect must be subtle because it does not appear immediately in the data.
-Age Pattern of the Science and Engineering Labor Force
http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind04/c3/c3s3.htm#c3s3l1a Absent changes in degree production, retirement patterns, or immigration, the number of S&E-trained workers in the labor force will continue to grow for some time, but the growth rate may slow significantly as a dramatically greater proportion of the S&E labor force reaches traditional retirement age. As the growth rate slows, the average age of the S&E labor force will increase.
And later "Taken together, these factors suggest a slower-growing and older S&E labor force. Both trends would be accentuated if either new degree production were to drop or immigration to slow, both concerns raised by a recent report of the Committee on Education and Human Resources Task Force on National Workforce "
I am also trying to gather information about the points given below
- Number of H1-Bs becoming US citizens (when given a chance)
_________
- A $$ amount of value addition of H1-Bs to the US economy
_________
- Number of children that are US citizens from H1-B families.
_________
Any help in pointing to any articles etc that you may have come across is good. Please keep in mind that these studies should have stats in them and should be recent material
Thanks
Sandeep
Great job Sandeep, thanks for all your research and hard work.
Ausi
more...
raysaikat
03-28 11:01 PM
Saikat,
Thank you for your replies. One more question....if the change of status from F1 to H1B within the US is denied then does my F1 visa get automatically revoked?
-rgpr
Note that "status" is different from "visa".
Since this will be your first H1-B visa, it is very unlikely that USCIS will grant you change of status without going out of US. That is, assuming that USCIS approves your H1-B petition, most likely you will get an I-797 (which would be valid from Oct 1, 2010) without an attached I-94. This means to get in the H1-B status, you need to go out and reenter US around Oct 1 (I think you will not be able to enter more than a couple of weeks before the start date of I-797).
Coming to the denial, what denial are you referring to? There are many situations.
In general, your status is determined by the latest I-94 card. For F-1 students, that usually says "D/S" which means Duration of study (or Duration of status). That means, the moment you quit your school --- i.e., you no longer remain a student in good standing at your University --- you lose your F-1 status.
Now supposing that you do not quit your school:
(i) If your H1-B petition is denied (i.e., no approved I-797), then no harm. You remain in F-1 status.
(ii) If your H1-B petition is approved, but comes without I-94 card, then you continue to remain in your F-1 status until you go out of US and reenter using your H1-B VISA (that means, you need to get an H1-B visa stamp on your passport as well) and get the corresponding I-94 card.
In this scenario, I believe that if you decide not to use the approved H1-B visa (i.e., you continue your Ph.d., and do not go out, or do not reenter using the H1-B visa), then you would continue to remain in F-1 status even after Oct 1, 2010. However, you may want to confirm that with a lawyer.
(iii) If your H1-B petition is approved and comes with an attached I-94 card (this is unlikely), then you lose your F-1 status from the day written on the I-94 card. At that day you would go in the H1-B status and must be working.
Thank you for your replies. One more question....if the change of status from F1 to H1B within the US is denied then does my F1 visa get automatically revoked?
-rgpr
Note that "status" is different from "visa".
Since this will be your first H1-B visa, it is very unlikely that USCIS will grant you change of status without going out of US. That is, assuming that USCIS approves your H1-B petition, most likely you will get an I-797 (which would be valid from Oct 1, 2010) without an attached I-94. This means to get in the H1-B status, you need to go out and reenter US around Oct 1 (I think you will not be able to enter more than a couple of weeks before the start date of I-797).
Coming to the denial, what denial are you referring to? There are many situations.
In general, your status is determined by the latest I-94 card. For F-1 students, that usually says "D/S" which means Duration of study (or Duration of status). That means, the moment you quit your school --- i.e., you no longer remain a student in good standing at your University --- you lose your F-1 status.
Now supposing that you do not quit your school:
(i) If your H1-B petition is denied (i.e., no approved I-797), then no harm. You remain in F-1 status.
(ii) If your H1-B petition is approved, but comes without I-94 card, then you continue to remain in your F-1 status until you go out of US and reenter using your H1-B VISA (that means, you need to get an H1-B visa stamp on your passport as well) and get the corresponding I-94 card.
In this scenario, I believe that if you decide not to use the approved H1-B visa (i.e., you continue your Ph.d., and do not go out, or do not reenter using the H1-B visa), then you would continue to remain in F-1 status even after Oct 1, 2010. However, you may want to confirm that with a lawyer.
(iii) If your H1-B petition is approved and comes with an attached I-94 card (this is unlikely), then you lose your F-1 status from the day written on the I-94 card. At that day you would go in the H1-B status and must be working.
hot An angel wings tattoo designs

chanduv23
07-11 01:57 PM
Congrats - Bush will sign ur Green Card :D :D
more...
house guardian angel tattoo .
sunny1000
01-15 01:14 AM
Hi folks, sorry for posting this again, but I posted in the self-help area and nobody answered (I guess there's very little traffic there surprisingly)....
----
Hi Folks
I'm here in the US on a L1A visa and would like to apply for Green Card (I'm assuming i-485) soon. My wife who is currently outside of US has recently received her L2 visa within one business day I may add! So, we're waiting for her to join me here in the States within two months as she is currently working abroad and needs to wait for her bonus $...
In any case, I was thinking of applying for an EAD for her in conjunction of i-485, but I've been reading that others who are holding a H1 visa is also applying for an EAD (why on earth for?!) as you are allowed to work on H1 already no? I thought EAD is authorization to work only??
In my case, my wife needs EAD in order to work as L2 only allows her entry to the States and her visa would "clone" mine (ie. whatever my expiry date is, hers will expire).
Should I also apply for EAD too even though my L1a visa already permits me to work legally here in the US?
It is entirely up to you. People apply for EAD while on H1B just in case there are any complications with the H1B and/or they want to switch jobs.
If you think that your GC will be approved soon, you don't have to. But, if you have applied after Aug 1, 2007, you have already paid for a FREE EAD card with the I-485 application. All you have to do is to send in the I765 (EAD application).
This EAD (along with Advanced Parole) gives you an option to switch status to "adjustment of status" and move to another compamy under AC21 rules after 6 months of your I-485 filing (with an approved I140), if you wish. I am not sure if it is OK to use AC21 rules to move to another company using L1A (H1B is pretty straight forward).
----
Hi Folks
I'm here in the US on a L1A visa and would like to apply for Green Card (I'm assuming i-485) soon. My wife who is currently outside of US has recently received her L2 visa within one business day I may add! So, we're waiting for her to join me here in the States within two months as she is currently working abroad and needs to wait for her bonus $...
In any case, I was thinking of applying for an EAD for her in conjunction of i-485, but I've been reading that others who are holding a H1 visa is also applying for an EAD (why on earth for?!) as you are allowed to work on H1 already no? I thought EAD is authorization to work only??
In my case, my wife needs EAD in order to work as L2 only allows her entry to the States and her visa would "clone" mine (ie. whatever my expiry date is, hers will expire).
Should I also apply for EAD too even though my L1a visa already permits me to work legally here in the US?
It is entirely up to you. People apply for EAD while on H1B just in case there are any complications with the H1B and/or they want to switch jobs.
If you think that your GC will be approved soon, you don't have to. But, if you have applied after Aug 1, 2007, you have already paid for a FREE EAD card with the I-485 application. All you have to do is to send in the I765 (EAD application).
This EAD (along with Advanced Parole) gives you an option to switch status to "adjustment of status" and move to another compamy under AC21 rules after 6 months of your I-485 filing (with an approved I140), if you wish. I am not sure if it is OK to use AC21 rules to move to another company using L1A (H1B is pretty straight forward).
tattoo angel tattoos for men.
sanju_eb3
03-27 12:54 PM
May be we need to run our salary against the Cost Of Living Index to get the fair picture.
Agreed.
Unfotunately, there is no way to poll more than one option.
Agreed.
Unfotunately, there is no way to poll more than one option.
more...
pictures tattoos of angels for men.
sam_hoosier
02-06 04:22 PM
I have a friend...He had H1 stamped on his passpost when he was with company A..He changed job went to company B...He went to India...Got married..Got his wife's H4.. He did not go to restamping for his own visa stamp..They came back to US....This is firsthand I know....His own H1 stamp is still company A stamp...He could reenter the country..He is working for company B...
You can continue using your old H1B visa (from company A), with an I-797 from company B as long as the H1B visa is valid. Same applies for H4 visa.
But both H1 & H4 visa holders would need new approvals (I-797s).
You can continue using your old H1B visa (from company A), with an I-797 from company B as long as the H1B visa is valid. Same applies for H4 visa.
But both H1 & H4 visa holders would need new approvals (I-797s).
dresses angel tattoos for men on arms.
hmehta
08-08 01:49 PM
May not be direct answer to your question, but I had the same issue 3 years back - though my situation was a little bit different as I was changing dept. within the company - i also had arguments from both sides of the fences......eventually the company lawyer went ahead and filed an AMMENDED H1-B!!!!!......And on my GC application it has been shown as 2 different jobs.....now the sad part....when I suggested to the lawyer to file in EB-2 category instead of EB-3 (I know it also depends on the job description) because I had experience (previous job in the same company) + MS degree......the same lawyer said that it is not counted as 2 separate jobs because you were in the same company:(.......might be he was correct both the time (though I have my own doubts).....but I would advise to do what the lawyer suggests......unless you have some solid proof to back your theory!!!
:(
Hi folks,
Here's my situation:
Currently applied for 485 and waiting for receipt
Will be applying for EAD/AP this week.
I am working Company XYZ, in State A, City A currently and will be transferring to State B, City B within the same company, with the same job designation/description etc., absolutely no changes on that front and virtually no change in salary but in compliance with prevailing wage etc. for State B, City B.
Also the transfer is not going to affect my 485 because of my 140 which said "relocation within the US may be necessary" and this was expected when I started my GC.
The issue is with a technicality - my PERM was for XYZ, Inc and the same company in State B is called XYZ Engineering Inc, technically 2 different companies and that's because every state has its own rules as to how a national company can be registered/operated.
Coming to my question re H1B:
My corporate attorney says that due to this technicality, my H1B needs to be AMENDED which according to my GC attorney is the same as applying for a new H1B but not having to wait in line. My question is whether this will have a negative impact on my pending 485/EAD/AP in any way.
Please advice. Anything will help.
Thanks in advance.
:(
Hi folks,
Here's my situation:
Currently applied for 485 and waiting for receipt
Will be applying for EAD/AP this week.
I am working Company XYZ, in State A, City A currently and will be transferring to State B, City B within the same company, with the same job designation/description etc., absolutely no changes on that front and virtually no change in salary but in compliance with prevailing wage etc. for State B, City B.
Also the transfer is not going to affect my 485 because of my 140 which said "relocation within the US may be necessary" and this was expected when I started my GC.
The issue is with a technicality - my PERM was for XYZ, Inc and the same company in State B is called XYZ Engineering Inc, technically 2 different companies and that's because every state has its own rules as to how a national company can be registered/operated.
Coming to my question re H1B:
My corporate attorney says that due to this technicality, my H1B needs to be AMENDED which according to my GC attorney is the same as applying for a new H1B but not having to wait in line. My question is whether this will have a negative impact on my pending 485/EAD/AP in any way.
Please advice. Anything will help.
Thanks in advance.
more...
makeup The Archangel angel tattoos
ragz4u
02-03 11:13 AM
If they do implement a new F4 visa, they will allow you to transfer to F4 status I believe. And then current PhDs would be getting the benefit of the new law. Its unlikely that biological science are not a part of physical sciences. What they mean when they say "Physical" sciences is that other sciences like Tom Cruise's scientology and stuff like astrology/palmistry and other fake science is not included as a field in which one could do PhD and obtain GC.
Watch what you say! We might have Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch cursing ImmigrationVoice for a post like this ;-)
Watch what you say! We might have Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch cursing ImmigrationVoice for a post like this ;-)
girlfriend girlfriend angel tattoos for

roseball
04-02 02:06 AM
What I have mostly heard is that people in consulting jobs are the ones who are having issues at POEs and not the ones in permanent/full-time positions...I am not making a statement here but saying this is what I heard and read.
hairstyles male angel tattoo designs
sathyaraj
11-14 01:16 PM
My opinion is not to waste to get the replacement EAD as it is already approved. As per my understanding most of the employers do want only the copy of the EAD card for verification purposes. My wife was never been asked EAD card when she was attending interviews. They needed only copies.
Also if you still want to apply, see whether you can apply for renewal card so that you would atlz get an extra year from your current card's expiry date.
It is better to inform USCIS though just to prevent any possible identity theft.
P.S. I am not a lawyer. This is just my thoughts!
Also if you still want to apply, see whether you can apply for renewal card so that you would atlz get an extra year from your current card's expiry date.
It is better to inform USCIS though just to prevent any possible identity theft.
P.S. I am not a lawyer. This is just my thoughts!
bbct
03-14 05:15 PM
Which service center did you file your I-485 and how come your I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer? Are you were called for an interview?
Please help! My I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer because of visa availability. My case is EB2 PERM based and I filed I-485 in July 2007 when the visa number was available.
Apparently USCIS made a mistake if they have any knowledge of the wellknown visa bulletin fiasco of July 2007 (Visa bulletiin No. 107). What should I do to correct this? If I file a motion to reopen (MTR), it will cost me $1500 legal fee+$585 filing fee. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Here is what it said:" At the time you filed your I-485, the Visa Bulletin of the Department of State provided that the employment based visas were unavailable for persons in your category. Section 245.2 of title 8 of the Code of Regulations (CFR) states, in part:'an immigration visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act," ...
Please help! My I-485 was denied by a local USCIS officer because of visa availability. My case is EB2 PERM based and I filed I-485 in July 2007 when the visa number was available.
Apparently USCIS made a mistake if they have any knowledge of the wellknown visa bulletin fiasco of July 2007 (Visa bulletiin No. 107). What should I do to correct this? If I file a motion to reopen (MTR), it will cost me $1500 legal fee+$585 filing fee. Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Here is what it said:" At the time you filed your I-485, the Visa Bulletin of the Department of State provided that the employment based visas were unavailable for persons in your category. Section 245.2 of title 8 of the Code of Regulations (CFR) states, in part:'an immigration visa must be immediately available in order for an alien to properly file an adjustment application under section 245 of the Act," ...
clockwork
07-06 10:57 AM
I apologize for not searching it enough. Thanks -

No comments:
Post a Comment