okrelayer
Dec 5, 10:10 PM
http://oi54.tinypic.com/2nki3k9.jpg
SAD*FACED*CLOWN
Apr 7, 08:56 AM
I wonder how many of these posts are trolls? I haven't had any issues whatsoever with 4.3.1. I also didn't have any problems with 4.3; battery life has been absolutely stellar and call performance actually improved in 4.3.1.
The timing of all these "bitching" posts just seems suspicious.
nah there are issues...lucky for you you don't have any
The timing of all these "bitching" posts just seems suspicious.
nah there are issues...lucky for you you don't have any
bertyee
Oct 31, 09:29 AM
Ordered new shuffle yesterday, October 30, from the Apple Store, Just notified this morning that it was shipped today.
studiox
Apr 7, 09:48 AM
To get that much storage you would need 1,000,000,000,000 Mac Mini Servers which costed at full retail is 70x the US national debt.
Apple's 500,000 sq ft data centre usuing Doctor Q's 10 fot of usuable vertical space could hold 104,088,861 not accounting for heat dissapation cabling storage racks etc. Therefore you would need 9,607 data centres of the size of apple's current (which was rumored to cost $1billion). However that is a storage facility literally filled with no walking space between the racks or anything like that so a sensible suggestion would be to double that.
The total size of this project would be 9,607,000,000 sq ft or 344 sq miles. Turks and Caicos Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands) happens to 366 sq miles, although to allow for expansion, shipping port/airport and power plants and other ancilallry buildings such as worker housing, supermarket and such I would suggest that Hong Kong with an area of 426 sq miles is a good place to start. Although given the high population of Hong Kong it isn't an ideal place to build such a facility, therefore the Faroe Islands with a size of 538 miles might be the first sensible place to wipe out. Alternatively you could just dump it in Texas/Alaska as they have plenty of land spare. Alaska would give you natural cooling which would be a bonus over Texas although can you image the series of Ice Road truckers, "In this haul is 100,000 Mac Minis."
All in all to go for something like large with some as inappropriate as a Mac Mini is a costly and ultimately bonkers idea.
Fingers crossed that the sums are correct.
You forgot to mentioned the nuclear powerplants that would be required to run this as well as the affects on global warning this would have ;-)
Apple's 500,000 sq ft data centre usuing Doctor Q's 10 fot of usuable vertical space could hold 104,088,861 not accounting for heat dissapation cabling storage racks etc. Therefore you would need 9,607 data centres of the size of apple's current (which was rumored to cost $1billion). However that is a storage facility literally filled with no walking space between the racks or anything like that so a sensible suggestion would be to double that.
The total size of this project would be 9,607,000,000 sq ft or 344 sq miles. Turks and Caicos Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands) happens to 366 sq miles, although to allow for expansion, shipping port/airport and power plants and other ancilallry buildings such as worker housing, supermarket and such I would suggest that Hong Kong with an area of 426 sq miles is a good place to start. Although given the high population of Hong Kong it isn't an ideal place to build such a facility, therefore the Faroe Islands with a size of 538 miles might be the first sensible place to wipe out. Alternatively you could just dump it in Texas/Alaska as they have plenty of land spare. Alaska would give you natural cooling which would be a bonus over Texas although can you image the series of Ice Road truckers, "In this haul is 100,000 Mac Minis."
All in all to go for something like large with some as inappropriate as a Mac Mini is a costly and ultimately bonkers idea.
Fingers crossed that the sums are correct.
You forgot to mentioned the nuclear powerplants that would be required to run this as well as the affects on global warning this would have ;-)
more...
inscrewtable
Jan 13, 06:36 AM
http://www.enterupload.com/7aodzsg4d98k/font.jpg
or as close as possible.
thx
or as close as possible.
thx
TomSmithMacEd
Nov 29, 01:08 PM
If you are commenting on what you do, then its people like you that make the studios demand limits on legitimate customers like me.
Imagine buying a car but the manufacturer keeping the wheels when you are not using it. Its stops car theft, but its a pain in the ass for the user.
Stop pirating! :mad:
Umm... that isn't pirating... He bought the dvd then ripped it for his own personal use.
Imagine buying a car but the manufacturer keeping the wheels when you are not using it. Its stops car theft, but its a pain in the ass for the user.
Stop pirating! :mad:
Umm... that isn't pirating... He bought the dvd then ripped it for his own personal use.
more...
chrono1081
Apr 27, 06:38 PM
I think that is more proof of the fact that it was never a bug. Apple was doing it that way on purpose and the only reason they are claiming it was a "bug" is because they got caught big time.
The lie is the fact that it is a bug. It was done on propose and right now Apple is just doing CYA.
I'm so glad I don't have the "everyone is lying and is out to get me" thought process. :rolleyes:
Not only that but if it only tracked you for a time and then deleted it self automatically then I could see it but my understanding this is not just one day or week so in theory they can track you for a long time.
For those who do not care fine I don't care what they think, this should be something that can be turned off without loosing other functionality.
Its stored until the 2mb cache is filled up. According to the article it takes longer to fill up for most people than Apple anticipated. It all depends how many places you visit. Not to mention this file benefits YOU and never leaves your phone. Do you also delete every email you read after you read it? Or every chat after you are finished talking? I doubt it so why care about info stored in a phone that can be up to 100 MILES from where you are actually located? Thats like me getting mad because a phone knows I have been to either Altoona, Tyrone, State College, or 20 other towns within a 100 mile radius of me. No one else knows, but a file on the phone says so. I'm sorry but anyone who gets angry over that is paranoid and most certainly shouldn't have a phone or a GPS or a camera with Geo-tagging.
We need finer control over location. All we get to decide is yes or no. We should be able to decide what an app is going to do with the info.
Example: I'd like my maps app to use my location ONLY to tell me where i am. NOT share my location. .
Thats impossible to do. The app has to share your location with the server hosting the map. Maps are huge and would eat up all kinds of space on your device if they were stored internally.
The lie is the fact that it is a bug. It was done on propose and right now Apple is just doing CYA.
I'm so glad I don't have the "everyone is lying and is out to get me" thought process. :rolleyes:
Not only that but if it only tracked you for a time and then deleted it self automatically then I could see it but my understanding this is not just one day or week so in theory they can track you for a long time.
For those who do not care fine I don't care what they think, this should be something that can be turned off without loosing other functionality.
Its stored until the 2mb cache is filled up. According to the article it takes longer to fill up for most people than Apple anticipated. It all depends how many places you visit. Not to mention this file benefits YOU and never leaves your phone. Do you also delete every email you read after you read it? Or every chat after you are finished talking? I doubt it so why care about info stored in a phone that can be up to 100 MILES from where you are actually located? Thats like me getting mad because a phone knows I have been to either Altoona, Tyrone, State College, or 20 other towns within a 100 mile radius of me. No one else knows, but a file on the phone says so. I'm sorry but anyone who gets angry over that is paranoid and most certainly shouldn't have a phone or a GPS or a camera with Geo-tagging.
We need finer control over location. All we get to decide is yes or no. We should be able to decide what an app is going to do with the info.
Example: I'd like my maps app to use my location ONLY to tell me where i am. NOT share my location. .
Thats impossible to do. The app has to share your location with the server hosting the map. Maps are huge and would eat up all kinds of space on your device if they were stored internally.
Chundles
Sep 24, 07:48 PM
And, by the way, thank you so much for making me think of my parents having sex.
No worries, although - you actually have to conjure up the image in your mind.
I walked in on mine.
No worries, although - you actually have to conjure up the image in your mind.
I walked in on mine.
more...
bri1212
Nov 30, 07:14 PM
Not much. If T.J. Maxx or other outfits or private individuals buy any product at retail price, they own it. Under Federal Trade Law, there are very little resale restrictions. Also, you can sell it for any price your want, that is as a profit or a loss. T. J. Maxx did a classic loss lead to get traffic into their stores from the iPad "sale." I say it is legal IMO.
There is nothing illegal in what TJ Maxx did. They paid a price for the item and sold it. There is nothing that stops them from selling things at a loss, and it gets people in their stores. The rumor is they bought 2 ipads for each store, sold them at a loss of 100.00 each, but created a huge advertising buzz and got people in their stores. It is actually pretty brilliant and not very costly. Now if they would only do it with generation 2...
There is nothing illegal in what TJ Maxx did. They paid a price for the item and sold it. There is nothing that stops them from selling things at a loss, and it gets people in their stores. The rumor is they bought 2 ipads for each store, sold them at a loss of 100.00 each, but created a huge advertising buzz and got people in their stores. It is actually pretty brilliant and not very costly. Now if they would only do it with generation 2...
robbieduncan
Apr 21, 10:36 AM
What are the rating things beside the Quote button for?
more...
macingman
May 5, 10:08 PM
Your jailbreak either screwed up or you have changed some sort of setting in activater or SBsettings.
Have you done anything with activiator or SBsettings and if so what?
Have you done anything with activiator or SBsettings and if so what?
Corban987
Apr 28, 09:00 PM
I agree with most comments, the claims by Samsung seem a stretch. I live in Korea and the Koreans are very loyal to local suppliers and Samsung is not happy with how successful the iPhone is in Korea. Even the local prefer the iPhone over the Samsung phones in Korea. After living here a few years I will never buy Korean products again. They are great at copying, and keeping it all within the country even if it increases cost. I hope Apple succeed in finding other suppliers but I think so many companies have helped Samsung get to big and dominant so it will be hard to find memory and cpu suppliers other than Samsung.
I have used Samsung phones in Korea, they are not great - My Nokia was way better than every Samsung phone I ever had. Samsung phones JUST work, they do not perform. My new iPhone looks better, performs (speed and application wise) better than the Samsung phones I have owned but it drops more calls. Here's an example of how much Koreans refuse to accept Apple, You cannot use a Mac in Korea and do internet shopping or banking. Every website requires a special active X control that only works in IE.
Even in Korea the locals know Samsung copied Apple, when you go to electronics markets the sales people try sell Samsung products saying its "just like Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod and its Korean made so its better"
I really hope Samsung get burnt on this one.
I have used Samsung phones in Korea, they are not great - My Nokia was way better than every Samsung phone I ever had. Samsung phones JUST work, they do not perform. My new iPhone looks better, performs (speed and application wise) better than the Samsung phones I have owned but it drops more calls. Here's an example of how much Koreans refuse to accept Apple, You cannot use a Mac in Korea and do internet shopping or banking. Every website requires a special active X control that only works in IE.
Even in Korea the locals know Samsung copied Apple, when you go to electronics markets the sales people try sell Samsung products saying its "just like Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod and its Korean made so its better"
I really hope Samsung get burnt on this one.
more...
MikeonTV
Apr 9, 04:36 PM
I have a macbook pro which only has 2 USB ports. I use a USB bar that allows me to ad an additional 4 ports but they don't have a very strong connection. I can't use external drives or charge my iPhone.
Are they are good USB bars that work well with a mac?
Are they are good USB bars that work well with a mac?
Eminemdrdre00
Oct 13, 04:15 PM
Personally don't get the desire to have push for Tweets. Atleast in my case my world won't come to a screaching halt if I don't get my tweets right away. I have a job and such so I can't afford the time to look at tweets every thirty seconds...cuz...well....I have a job and such. I check them when there is a lul on the action or when I get home.
Then again, I don't have push turned on for my work or personal e-mail accounts either. I want to be in control of my e-mail....not it in control of me.
Steve
Push for @mentions & DMs mostly. Of course push for your timeline tweets would get annoying. I'm a full time software developer BTW. Congrats on having a job in this bad economy!
Then again, I don't have push turned on for my work or personal e-mail accounts either. I want to be in control of my e-mail....not it in control of me.
Steve
Push for @mentions & DMs mostly. Of course push for your timeline tweets would get annoying. I'm a full time software developer BTW. Congrats on having a job in this bad economy!
more...
mpossoff
Feb 10, 08:25 AM
I'm assuming this also works with unlimited family plan messaging.
I just got this feature today at the store. Qualifications for family plan is 700 min and unltd text.
I just got this feature today at the store. Qualifications for family plan is 700 min and unltd text.
Bozorg
Jan 20, 01:34 PM
Does anybody know how to remove the profiles paths like in the image. Some of these shares don't exist anymore but are still listed here.
See attached
See attached
more...
newyorksole
Apr 13, 11:05 AM
Can you guys answer 1 question for me?
When the next iPhone does come out how will iPhone 4 Verizon customers be able to upgrade? Do you think that Verizon and AT&T will work out an early upgrade for them?
Or do you think people who want the iPhone on Verizon will have already waited for the 5.
When the next iPhone does come out how will iPhone 4 Verizon customers be able to upgrade? Do you think that Verizon and AT&T will work out an early upgrade for them?
Or do you think people who want the iPhone on Verizon will have already waited for the 5.
talkingfuture
Mar 31, 10:32 AM
Good to see some more development on this. I guess a lot of the large software makers are largely feeling their way at the moment but we could get some amazing products in the next few years.
bobpm
Nov 19, 01:34 PM
Our store is an authorized re-seller with Apple Specialist designation. Our cost for the product is far more than their sale price. TJ Max has done the same thing in the past with ipods, selling them far below our cost. I'd like to know from where they are purchasing their stock.
tazhombre
Feb 8, 09:22 AM
nice! Can you please post the original wallpaper?
I believe this is what you seek
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1417/wallpaper874457.jpg
I believe this is what you seek
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1417/wallpaper874457.jpg
iSee
Nov 15, 03:58 PM
At this point, I couldn't really care less about Blu Ray or HD-DVD. I'd be more excited if Apple included Lightscribe or equivalent capability in their drives. Unlabeled discs are piled high on my desk.
Sharpie
Edit: never mind, I see this was beaten to death on p 4
Sharpie
Edit: never mind, I see this was beaten to death on p 4
ViciousShadow21
Sep 2, 07:09 AM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9976/screenshot20100902at257.png
haven't had my new computer long so i've been messing around with icons and looking up desktop pictures on interfacelift.com
possible to link the original from interface?
haven't had my new computer long so i've been messing around with icons and looking up desktop pictures on interfacelift.com
possible to link the original from interface?
Chip NoVaMac
Feb 13, 04:37 AM
Don't worry, he's promised to be a good boy. And he knows that he has to keep it clean.
D
Actually I have seen a kinder and gentler edesign since the mini-mod topic was brought up.
Congrats and best wishes to all!
D
Actually I have seen a kinder and gentler edesign since the mini-mod topic was brought up.
Congrats and best wishes to all!
iMrNiceGuy0023
Feb 10, 01:48 PM
cant seem to login now to change it
keeps getting errors and maintenance
keeps getting errors and maintenance

No comments:
Post a Comment