qasleuth
06-03 04:36 PM
If you are on H1B then your status is not AOS, IT IS H1B. When you do not extend your visa status and get onto EAD or your dependents' H4 expires without EAD, then the status becomes AOS in which case you need AP to travel.
I hope I am reading this incorrectly. Is USCIS now saying that any applicant on AOS must obtain an AP for travel, even if they are on H1B... The post above me is infintely correct if this is the case.. I hope I am wrong in my interpretation
U.S.* Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds individuals that they "must" obtain Advance Parole from USCIS before traveling abroad if they have:
* been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS);
* "a pending application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident;"
* a pending application for relief under section 203 of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA 203);
* a pending asylum application; or
* a pending application for legalization.*
I hope I am reading this incorrectly. Is USCIS now saying that any applicant on AOS must obtain an AP for travel, even if they are on H1B... The post above me is infintely correct if this is the case.. I hope I am wrong in my interpretation
U.S.* Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds individuals that they "must" obtain Advance Parole from USCIS before traveling abroad if they have:
* been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS);
* "a pending application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident;"
* a pending application for relief under section 203 of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA 203);
* a pending asylum application; or
* a pending application for legalization.*
wallpaper Pisces Tribal Tattoo 7
sodh
07-18 06:36 PM
greencardvow you rock.
chanduv23
12-05 08:23 AM
Overall, what I feel is, anyone can screw up. There is no gaurantee on immigration lawyers. Immigration law is very complicated, every decision is made on a case to case basis, and there are no proper defined protocols, most immigration laws when implemented, these lawyers deal with them on trial and error basis, so when INS changes their ways, these lawyers seem to have screwed up, but then these lawyers adapt to the change, unfortunately the immigrant suffers. Thats how this system is.
do not name lawyers in your posts- admin
do not name lawyers in your posts- admin
2011 pisces tattoos. pisces tattoo with koi fish; pisces tattoo with koi fish
amitjoey
01-09 11:30 AM
Please see some answers I am guessing:
1. Do I Need an airport transit visa since iam travelling visa France ?
No idea. Do not think so.
2. How long will it take to get my fresh passport if I applied over the counter on emergency system (Tatkaal) If you mail it it takes a week, over the counter should be much-much faster - same dayThey do it same day for Visa. I believe that they should do it for new passport too. Indian consulate has good information on their website.
3. Can I travel with an expired H4 visa ? you can always go back to India - travel to India is fine since you are a citizen of India (guessing). Comming back you need a visa, and your expired visa wont do. you need a valid H4 visa that is stamped in your passsport, by US Consulate. You have to get an approved I-539 here before you leave for India. Then on your visit to India, you can schedule an appointment at the US consulate to get the Visa (Appointment has to be scheduled way in advance and nowadays there are other requirements like mailing the papers in advance- please check on website)
Please check with a lawyer or consult lawyers website for other requirements.
My opinion, please do not rely on this information
Iam on H4 and my visa expired on oct 31 '06 , I have apllied for extension on oct 20 '06 , but havent got my extension yet, I have another problem my passport is expiring on Feb 13 '07. WIll be going to Houston to get my fresh passport this weekend.
I have to visit India this month end and have booked my tickets trhough delta, from Us to India via Paris(France).
I have 3 questions :
1. Do I Need an airport transit visa since iam travelling visa France ?
2. How long will it take to get my fresh passport if I applied over the counter on emergency system (Tatkaal) [.
3. Can I travel with an expired H4 visa ?
Please Help ???
1. Do I Need an airport transit visa since iam travelling visa France ?
No idea. Do not think so.
2. How long will it take to get my fresh passport if I applied over the counter on emergency system (Tatkaal) If you mail it it takes a week, over the counter should be much-much faster - same dayThey do it same day for Visa. I believe that they should do it for new passport too. Indian consulate has good information on their website.
3. Can I travel with an expired H4 visa ? you can always go back to India - travel to India is fine since you are a citizen of India (guessing). Comming back you need a visa, and your expired visa wont do. you need a valid H4 visa that is stamped in your passsport, by US Consulate. You have to get an approved I-539 here before you leave for India. Then on your visit to India, you can schedule an appointment at the US consulate to get the Visa (Appointment has to be scheduled way in advance and nowadays there are other requirements like mailing the papers in advance- please check on website)
Please check with a lawyer or consult lawyers website for other requirements.
My opinion, please do not rely on this information
Iam on H4 and my visa expired on oct 31 '06 , I have apllied for extension on oct 20 '06 , but havent got my extension yet, I have another problem my passport is expiring on Feb 13 '07. WIll be going to Houston to get my fresh passport this weekend.
I have to visit India this month end and have booked my tickets trhough delta, from Us to India via Paris(France).
I have 3 questions :
1. Do I Need an airport transit visa since iam travelling visa France ?
2. How long will it take to get my fresh passport if I applied over the counter on emergency system (Tatkaal) [.
3. Can I travel with an expired H4 visa ?
Please Help ???
more...
aniraj
10-19 07:33 PM
As per the FAFSA application to be eligible-non citizen one should have a valid I-94 with a valid parole stamp at the time of applying.
My daughter is in same situation & I have applied for her AP. After she receives it I am planning to go to CANADA with her. she will re enter on her AP.
My daughter is in same situation & I have applied for her AP. After she receives it I am planning to go to CANADA with her. she will re enter on her AP.
smaram1
08-12 12:42 PM
you might be correct too...I guess we will never get a definite answer for this...
more...
kaisersose
11-13 04:13 PM
Thank you all for your valuable input. I have a follow up question :
Will I be breaking any laws if I just do voluntary marketing and promotional work for my company in India.
Here is the situation :
My clients will be in USA and they will be paying my company in India. I will be on the board of the company , and will be doing voluntary marketing and promotional work for the company while residing in USA.
Thank you for your time.
Your H-1b must be sponsored by a US company. H-1b terms require you to gainfully work only for that employer. As long as your US tax returns do not show any other source of income and show you have been working fulltime for your sponsoring employer, you should be fine.
They do not bother with foreign wages or what you do with your free time ( as long as it inot a second job).
Will I be breaking any laws if I just do voluntary marketing and promotional work for my company in India.
Here is the situation :
My clients will be in USA and they will be paying my company in India. I will be on the board of the company , and will be doing voluntary marketing and promotional work for the company while residing in USA.
Thank you for your time.
Your H-1b must be sponsored by a US company. H-1b terms require you to gainfully work only for that employer. As long as your US tax returns do not show any other source of income and show you have been working fulltime for your sponsoring employer, you should be fine.
They do not bother with foreign wages or what you do with your free time ( as long as it inot a second job).
2010 Catch Fish Tattoos Designs
snathan
03-29 11:57 AM
I understand that IV needs the money to get things done. But money is not the only thing IV needs. It needs people to volunteer, make calls, meet lawmakers, participate in rallys, general conference calls and start motivating campaigns like the one availing FOIA. If money contributions are the only way for people to be up-to-date about status of IV activities, then what about the people who contribute in other forms?
IV may get the money needed, but at what cost?
So what do you suggest as the alternate to get the needed fund...?
IV may get the money needed, but at what cost?
So what do you suggest as the alternate to get the needed fund...?
more...
amitkhare77
02-02 05:31 PM
My I-140 and I-458 have different A#. I always put both the number on the EAD/AP application i.e. A#123456/A# 7890123. no problem so far
hair Libra Cancer Pisces Tattoos
gc_check
07-09 07:12 AM
Guys, see below link... It is pretty bad ... Job posting to hire someone for pre-approvd labor.... All posts within last 2 weeks by 10 companies..... May be we need to email DOL and also other govt. organizations ....
http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?LOCATION_OPTION=2&N=0&Hf=0&Ntk=JobSearchRanking&op=300&values=&FREE_TEXT=pre-approved+labor&Ntx=mode+matchall&AREA_CODES=&AC_COUNTRY=1525&WHERE=&RADIUS=64.37376&ZC_COUNTRY=1525&COUNTRY=1525&STAT_PROV=0&METRO_AREA=33.78715899%2C-84.39164034&TRAVEL=0&TAXTERM=0&SORTSPEC=0&FRMT=0&DAYSBACK=30&NUM_PER_PAGE=30&x=0&y=0
Wish they have stopped Labor Substitution much earlier... Have to wait till mid July now..
http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?LOCATION_OPTION=2&N=0&Hf=0&Ntk=JobSearchRanking&op=300&values=&FREE_TEXT=pre-approved+labor&Ntx=mode+matchall&AREA_CODES=&AC_COUNTRY=1525&WHERE=&RADIUS=64.37376&ZC_COUNTRY=1525&COUNTRY=1525&STAT_PROV=0&METRO_AREA=33.78715899%2C-84.39164034&TRAVEL=0&TAXTERM=0&SORTSPEC=0&FRMT=0&DAYSBACK=30&NUM_PER_PAGE=30&x=0&y=0
Wish they have stopped Labor Substitution much earlier... Have to wait till mid July now..
more...
texanguy
08-12 02:30 PM
bump
hot The third of my Pisces Tattoos
sri1309
10-23 06:29 AM
Thanks guys,
But I am still not 100% clear. I thought both of them have independent EAD statuses, but applying together is because of maritial status.
Is it not needed for wife's case to be independently handled.
But I am still not 100% clear. I thought both of them have independent EAD statuses, but applying together is because of maritial status.
Is it not needed for wife's case to be independently handled.
more...
house pisces tattoos gallery
msyedy
01-25 10:21 AM
Is it a bad idea to ask for help from the indian government, there are ministers like "Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs - Vayalar Ravi" who is supposed to look into issues we are having here, even if contacting them doesn't help, it atleast will not hurt us. i think there are few good ministers in there who can understand our problems, they may not help us with $$ but may be able to help us with their lobbying groups.
i think "Ronen Sen - India's ambassador to USA" is another person who will be sympathetic to our cause.
Wah Kya sooch hai,
Congress is not listening to the Citizen Tech lobbyist, It will listen to Indian Ministers to make us Citizens. India wants all its citizens to become america citizens soon, there should be a separate provision for Indians. India wants to kick all the skilled people out of their country.
How would you think that India could say something like this. You being an indian are saying that your country sucks big time. God forbid you dont your GC, will you suicied.
Admin Remove this post
i think "Ronen Sen - India's ambassador to USA" is another person who will be sympathetic to our cause.
Wah Kya sooch hai,
Congress is not listening to the Citizen Tech lobbyist, It will listen to Indian Ministers to make us Citizens. India wants all its citizens to become america citizens soon, there should be a separate provision for Indians. India wants to kick all the skilled people out of their country.
How would you think that India could say something like this. You being an indian are saying that your country sucks big time. God forbid you dont your GC, will you suicied.
Admin Remove this post
tattoo zodiac tattoo designs that

cox
June 14th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I'm also a Conon user, and not so "big" a macro photographer as Gary( Sorry for the pun, ;) ), but I use the Canon 100mm macro, and I'm with you on wanting a longer macro. You have to get awfully close for good shots, and I think a little more length would work better for me.
Also, on the autofocus that Gary mentioned, I like the faster autofocus on the Canon over the Sigma, not for macro, but simply because I can use it as a "normal" 100mm f/2.8, which saves me from having to carry another 100mm lens.
Also, on the autofocus that Gary mentioned, I like the faster autofocus on the Canon over the Sigma, not for macro, but simply because I can use it as a "normal" 100mm f/2.8, which saves me from having to carry another 100mm lens.
more...
pictures Pisces Tattoo Designs

yogirajd
11-09 12:43 PM
Recently I have got Denial notice from INS on my I-140 application. All the documents are fine. Just They have mentioned as My Education Qualification is not equivalent to US Education. My Education is B.Sc. Physics and MBA.
Is anybody has got same problem, and if yes Please let me know what to do in this situation.
I am thinking of getting good Education Evaluation from Somebody. But I don't know it�s just happened because of Lawyer. Do I need to go to smart , strong Attorney to do this. OR Apply for new labor again and start the process.
Please suggest me on this.
Thanks
Yogs.
Is anybody has got same problem, and if yes Please let me know what to do in this situation.
I am thinking of getting good Education Evaluation from Somebody. But I don't know it�s just happened because of Lawyer. Do I need to go to smart , strong Attorney to do this. OR Apply for new labor again and start the process.
Please suggest me on this.
Thanks
Yogs.
dresses Pisces Tattoo Designs – Find

sanju_dba
12-21 10:30 AM
Never saw how fire looks like....these sparks now and then sputter out of a fireplace of mounting frustation. Most sparks loose momentum because cold blowers are too many here.
Tierd of hopes! and frozen by these cold blowers! :o
Tierd of hopes! and frozen by these cold blowers! :o
more...
makeup Pisces Tattoos Designs1

immiusa
08-14 03:18 PM
You can start Tata Motors car dealership. Once the nano starts hitting roads. there will be a huge demand for nano
girlfriend cool black pisces tattoos art

harryom
03-24 06:05 PM
:oCan anyone explain to me how to create new thread, I don't see any options.
Thanks Gurus':o
Mr. HarryOm,
I was really hoping to get my question answered thru this thread. Can you please open another thread for yours ?
Thanks,
ampudhukode
Thanks Gurus':o
Mr. HarryOm,
I was really hoping to get my question answered thru this thread. Can you please open another thread for yours ?
Thanks,
ampudhukode
hairstyles The tribal Pisces tattoo
GCOP
09-24 10:39 AM
Guys, HR 5882 is having Total recapture of 550,000 visas (Employment Based + Family Based) . We all were hoping that this bill would pass, but it did not pass in Judiciary Committee so far. Probably because of opposition from some lawmakers, may be group of some people due to current state of Economy.
But How about, if we would just try for "Recapture for Employment Based visas , for Adjustment of Status" ( EB Visa recapture Numbers are arround 218,000). By this way, no American job would be taken away as this is just a recpture of visas for just Adjustment of Status. So, if we can drop Family Based Visa Recapture from the bill (approx.332,000 visa), this bill might pass in the congress. Looks like, we do not have any choice and bill might still have possibility of passing in lame duck session. Don't get me wrong, I also want to keep Family Based Visas in the Current State of HR 5882 Bill. But if we would be able to pass just recapture of Employment Based visas at this stage, Family based visas recapture can be taken up later on. This is just a thought. IV core group and members can discuss this idea for further action.
But How about, if we would just try for "Recapture for Employment Based visas , for Adjustment of Status" ( EB Visa recapture Numbers are arround 218,000). By this way, no American job would be taken away as this is just a recpture of visas for just Adjustment of Status. So, if we can drop Family Based Visa Recapture from the bill (approx.332,000 visa), this bill might pass in the congress. Looks like, we do not have any choice and bill might still have possibility of passing in lame duck session. Don't get me wrong, I also want to keep Family Based Visas in the Current State of HR 5882 Bill. But if we would be able to pass just recapture of Employment Based visas at this stage, Family based visas recapture can be taken up later on. This is just a thought. IV core group and members can discuss this idea for further action.
thesparky007
04-24 07:13 PM
k-mannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!
seekerofpeace
09-05 12:01 AM
I saw in one of the threads : someone's CPO welcome status changed to "Approval notice sent" after couple of days....
Strange r the ways of USCIS
SoP
Strange r the ways of USCIS
SoP

No comments:
Post a Comment