Achi Goro
11-17 03:25 PM
Your priority date is the date your labor certification application was filed or the date you filed I-140 if your category does not require a labor certification.
So, in your case your PD is October 25, 2006. If you are EB1 or EB2 and not from India or China then I would say your priority date is current and you may file both I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Otherwise, you may file I-140 now and then file I-485 when your PD is current.
To find if your PD is current check the Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Using AC21 you may quit after your I-485 has been outstanding for more than 180 days. If you quit before then, you may have to restart your GC process.
***DISCLAIMER****
(I am not an attorney, please consult an immigration attorney or use advice at your own risk).
Thank you for information
What if I fall on category EB-3 and not from India and China. Can my employer still file it ? This is because the minimum requirement for this job is a Bachelors Degree even though I do have a masters degree.
So, in your case your PD is October 25, 2006. If you are EB1 or EB2 and not from India or China then I would say your priority date is current and you may file both I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Otherwise, you may file I-140 now and then file I-485 when your PD is current.
To find if your PD is current check the Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Using AC21 you may quit after your I-485 has been outstanding for more than 180 days. If you quit before then, you may have to restart your GC process.
***DISCLAIMER****
(I am not an attorney, please consult an immigration attorney or use advice at your own risk).
Thank you for information
What if I fall on category EB-3 and not from India and China. Can my employer still file it ? This is because the minimum requirement for this job is a Bachelors Degree even though I do have a masters degree.
sunny1000
05-15 01:55 PM
Hi, Guys:
My old H-1b will expire on June 30 2007. My employer has applied the new H-1b extension, but it is still pending. I am planning to go back to my country this summer and try to apply for H-1 visa in US embassy in early June. My question is whether I can apply for H-1 visa using the old one (expire on June 30) while the new one is pending. How long will be my H-1 visa valid (usually 3-month in my country)? Will I get 3-month or till the expirating date(June 30)? Can I come back to US? Many thanks.
Since your current extn application is still pending, your new visa stamp would bear the june30 date, as far as I know. Talk to an attorney.
My old H-1b will expire on June 30 2007. My employer has applied the new H-1b extension, but it is still pending. I am planning to go back to my country this summer and try to apply for H-1 visa in US embassy in early June. My question is whether I can apply for H-1 visa using the old one (expire on June 30) while the new one is pending. How long will be my H-1 visa valid (usually 3-month in my country)? Will I get 3-month or till the expirating date(June 30)? Can I come back to US? Many thanks.
Since your current extn application is still pending, your new visa stamp would bear the june30 date, as far as I know. Talk to an attorney.
Leo07
10-09 06:55 PM
Basically, the VB just says that "Even though you waited for however number of years, gone through all the pains with employers, you are NO closer to getting GC than you were a month ago"
How pathetic is our situation? Every time I think of it as the bottom,there is a new low next month? It's just a never ending tale.
How pathetic is our situation? Every time I think of it as the bottom,there is a new low next month? It's just a never ending tale.
andy garcia
09-17 12:45 PM
based on the sign ups for the rally, we now see a lot of people brining 2 to 3 kids
The little heroes polulation is expanding - A BIG WELCOME TO ALL THESE LITTLE HEROES
AND THE SO CALLED HIGHLY SKILLED MEN WHO DO NOT WANT TO DO THE RALLY DUE TO LAZINESS OR SELFISHNESS OR EGO OR PRIDE OR COWARDICE OR FEAR OR SOCAL INHIBITION OR WHATEVER
LEARN FROM THESE KIDS AND TODDLERS - THESE SMALL KIDS ARE PROVING TO BE REAL HEROES
KIDS LEARN THAT THE CURRENT WORLD IS HOPELESS AND THEY DECIDE TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES - THEY WANT TO PROTECT THIS WORLD FOR THEIR GENERATION AND THEIR FUTURE GENERATION FROM THE SELFISH EGOISTIC COWARDS WHO DONT WANT TO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR THEIR FUTURE GENERATIONS
ATLEAST NOW - LEARN FROM THESE CHILDREN
EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT TO DC AND HONOR THESE KIDS
YES, EVERYONE TO DC
EVERYONE TO DC
That is pretty smart. In this country, if you leave those 2-3 year olds by themselves you end up in jail.
The little heroes polulation is expanding - A BIG WELCOME TO ALL THESE LITTLE HEROES
AND THE SO CALLED HIGHLY SKILLED MEN WHO DO NOT WANT TO DO THE RALLY DUE TO LAZINESS OR SELFISHNESS OR EGO OR PRIDE OR COWARDICE OR FEAR OR SOCAL INHIBITION OR WHATEVER
LEARN FROM THESE KIDS AND TODDLERS - THESE SMALL KIDS ARE PROVING TO BE REAL HEROES
KIDS LEARN THAT THE CURRENT WORLD IS HOPELESS AND THEY DECIDE TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES - THEY WANT TO PROTECT THIS WORLD FOR THEIR GENERATION AND THEIR FUTURE GENERATION FROM THE SELFISH EGOISTIC COWARDS WHO DONT WANT TO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR THEIR FUTURE GENERATIONS
ATLEAST NOW - LEARN FROM THESE CHILDREN
EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT TO DC AND HONOR THESE KIDS
YES, EVERYONE TO DC
EVERYONE TO DC
That is pretty smart. In this country, if you leave those 2-3 year olds by themselves you end up in jail.
more...
Maverick_2008
04-16 09:14 AM
Friends, my EAD/AP will expire later this year along with my 8th year H-1B extension. My 140 isn't approved yet. Now, what happens if my employer wants to cut costs and says let's extend only your H-1B for now and let your EAD/AP expire? If I'm not wrong, filing for H-1B/H4 extension is cheaper than that for EAD/AP.
Specifically, these are my questions:
1. Can I extend EAD/AP on my own?
2. If I let my EAD/AP expire and continue working on H-1B, can I reinstate them (EAD and AP) at a later date in the future once my 140 is approved? In this scenario, there will be a gap between two successive EAD/APs.
Thanks.
Maverick_2008
______________________
EB3, India
PD: Feb 03
140/485 RD: July 26, 07, TSC
140/485 ND: Sept 17, 07, TSC
140/485 Status: Waiting..
Specifically, these are my questions:
1. Can I extend EAD/AP on my own?
2. If I let my EAD/AP expire and continue working on H-1B, can I reinstate them (EAD and AP) at a later date in the future once my 140 is approved? In this scenario, there will be a gap between two successive EAD/APs.
Thanks.
Maverick_2008
______________________
EB3, India
PD: Feb 03
140/485 RD: July 26, 07, TSC
140/485 ND: Sept 17, 07, TSC
140/485 Status: Waiting..
redgreen
01-31 11:53 AM
I saw the same thing in my online status, in october. What I got is a finger print notice which was originally sent to my old address which was on the I-485 application form. They redirected to it to the current address on file.
This is my guess: Since the online status has only few options, and may be the person who is updating it put it as 'document sent' and the one similar to that is the last one with 'Document production ....".
What I heard is, before they mail your GC, you will get a letter saying your I-485 is accepted. I never got that. I called USCIS and 'human robots' didn't have any idea on this, but they said my I-485 is still in the processing stage.
This is my guess: Since the online status has only few options, and may be the person who is updating it put it as 'document sent' and the one similar to that is the last one with 'Document production ....".
What I heard is, before they mail your GC, you will get a letter saying your I-485 is accepted. I never got that. I called USCIS and 'human robots' didn't have any idea on this, but they said my I-485 is still in the processing stage.
more...
dexter
12-16 02:45 PM
Hi Charles,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Do you think that the appeal has any chance to succeed?
The current perm was applied for senior developer. While the appeal is pending, can my company apply for a new perm for a different position like enterprise architect?
Thanks
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Do you think that the appeal has any chance to succeed?
The current perm was applied for senior developer. While the appeal is pending, can my company apply for a new perm for a different position like enterprise architect?
Thanks
forgerator
05-06 08:25 PM
I would be interested in knowing as well.
more...
p7810456
06-18 06:59 PM
Unfortunately I am in a very remote area , as factoryman above mentioned , in montana. factoryman , did this answer your question ...
well.. i guess try your best. the cause here is worth 70 mile trip, if need be. take the trips.. most probably you would need to do only one blood work.. so go for it.
Meanwhile, don't forget to Buckle up and Drive safe :)
well.. i guess try your best. the cause here is worth 70 mile trip, if need be. take the trips.. most probably you would need to do only one blood work.. so go for it.
Meanwhile, don't forget to Buckle up and Drive safe :)

sugaur
06-27 11:27 PM
So its that easy to offend you, just put a picture of lord Ganesha on a beer bottle.
I thought such chidishness was limited only to fanatical muslims.
Have you ever seen south park/daily show/ colber report. They routine mock Jesus, and I dont hear anyone asking them to be banned.
Personally, i think lord Ganesha would enjoy that beer, or as they call it, "Som Ras"
I thought such chidishness was limited only to fanatical muslims.
Have you ever seen south park/daily show/ colber report. They routine mock Jesus, and I dont hear anyone asking them to be banned.
Personally, i think lord Ganesha would enjoy that beer, or as they call it, "Som Ras"
more...

tdasara
02-08 08:58 AM
L1A - Multinational managers
L1b - specialized foreign worker on intracompany transfer.
You again should be working overseas for your company to apply for this visa and to qualify for a GC you have to have documented proof that you worked 1 year overseas.
Most of us work for US companies who do not have branches overseas!
L1b - specialized foreign worker on intracompany transfer.
You again should be working overseas for your company to apply for this visa and to qualify for a GC you have to have documented proof that you worked 1 year overseas.
Most of us work for US companies who do not have branches overseas!
lazycis
11-29 02:35 PM
Just when I gave up and stopped checking on-line status every day, I've got I-485 approvals in the mail :) Did not get any e-mails yet about all three cases I was tracking, even though I've got the plastic already.
more...
aj1234567
07-17 06:36 PM
This is great news!!We proved once again that if we are united we can win always!!
go_guy123
11-03 04:47 PM
Pls let us know if you would like to tell your story in a media interview?
Sure why not.
I came to us in 1999 did my masters here in US and graduated in 2001.
I worked for some time on OPT and then went back to work in India.
I came back in 2005 , the immigration situation being very bad with retrogression I applied for canada immigration from US ( from india
there is a severe backlog...canada has a per immigration visa post backlog unlike us which has per birth country backlog)
I recently got Canada PR , I joined the MBA here at U of Toronto.
Had I been in my early 20s I would have thought about US imigration.
Nowdays it take 7 to 8 years ....thats more than 10 to 15% of your productive life.
I have talked to my friends ( from IIT delhi ) all of them have same opinion...its a lost cause
now. Now that theyhave invested 5 years they dont want to quit.
Only 1 in know who did MS in US and got GC. Rest were all PhD who got GC through EB1.
EB2 , EB3 is all dead now.
Now it too late I need to settled . How can I marry with the insecurity of moving from place to place in search of contract project, bodyshopper eating avay 30% of your billing rate etc.
I have given up hope. There are challenges in Canada as job market is
not that great but atleast I can sleep at night without having to worry
about the immigration. Ihave one more friend working in Canada he also moved from US.
The salary rate etc is lot lower in fact. On the whole Canada is hard for foreign educated...
one of the reasons I am doing an MBA.
1.5 years it takes for Immigration from US/Canada. Actually
from Canada its faster but there is hope. The uncertainity in the US process
is unbearable.
Sure why not.
I came to us in 1999 did my masters here in US and graduated in 2001.
I worked for some time on OPT and then went back to work in India.
I came back in 2005 , the immigration situation being very bad with retrogression I applied for canada immigration from US ( from india
there is a severe backlog...canada has a per immigration visa post backlog unlike us which has per birth country backlog)
I recently got Canada PR , I joined the MBA here at U of Toronto.
Had I been in my early 20s I would have thought about US imigration.
Nowdays it take 7 to 8 years ....thats more than 10 to 15% of your productive life.
I have talked to my friends ( from IIT delhi ) all of them have same opinion...its a lost cause
now. Now that theyhave invested 5 years they dont want to quit.
Only 1 in know who did MS in US and got GC. Rest were all PhD who got GC through EB1.
EB2 , EB3 is all dead now.
Now it too late I need to settled . How can I marry with the insecurity of moving from place to place in search of contract project, bodyshopper eating avay 30% of your billing rate etc.
I have given up hope. There are challenges in Canada as job market is
not that great but atleast I can sleep at night without having to worry
about the immigration. Ihave one more friend working in Canada he also moved from US.
The salary rate etc is lot lower in fact. On the whole Canada is hard for foreign educated...
one of the reasons I am doing an MBA.
1.5 years it takes for Immigration from US/Canada. Actually
from Canada its faster but there is hope. The uncertainity in the US process
is unbearable.
more...
desi3933
06-24 07:51 AM
are you sure that the dates can retrogress by july 15???
Do you have a precedence of such thing happening???
I suggest you ask this question to your lawyer/attorney and you may be surprised by the answer.
People always believe in what they want to. It is so strange.
Please check and verify details with your attorney/lawyer. This is NOT a legal advice.
-------------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
Do you have a precedence of such thing happening???
I suggest you ask this question to your lawyer/attorney and you may be surprised by the answer.
People always believe in what they want to. It is so strange.
Please check and verify details with your attorney/lawyer. This is NOT a legal advice.
-------------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002

pixi
10-28 07:09 PM
:smirk: Well done mate, u just passed photoshop 101, now onto actually learning some proper photoshop skillz ( sorry, its just well, ahem , so 1983). #My first year students do this in the first day at college.
BastardPixi :smirk:
BastardPixi :smirk:
more...
maddipati1
02-04 04:39 PM
need to travel in few days and my AP is about to get approved.
yabadaba
07-12 09:01 AM
just let adolf tancredo roll of your back...hes just trying to get few more days of publicity out of his quickfading presidential bid. sala tingu
delhirocks
07-18 04:15 PM
That sucks. I have never heard anything like this...good luck
iad2ead
01-10 05:03 PM
I'm on H1B and my family members are on H4. I'm still working on H1B and never used EAD/AP.
I would like to renew my EAD/AP which has expired in Oct'08.
My lawyer is charging huge fees and it is turning out to be very expensive to renew EAD and AP for all my family members.
Have anyone renewed EAD and AP after such a long gap of expiry? Will e-filing
help or paper filing is efficient? Any experiences from forum members regarding
this will be appreciated.
cheers
Iad
I would like to renew my EAD/AP which has expired in Oct'08.
My lawyer is charging huge fees and it is turning out to be very expensive to renew EAD and AP for all my family members.
Have anyone renewed EAD and AP after such a long gap of expiry? Will e-filing
help or paper filing is efficient? Any experiences from forum members regarding
this will be appreciated.
cheers
Iad
jsb
09-24 09:43 AM
Guys, According to following URL, it seems that all july filers should get the RN by now irrespective of the processing centers. I am 24th July filer but still did not get the RNs so far. Are other ppl also in same boat? Please let me know. I am worried now.
I am a July 2 filer, still waiting for an action !!!
I am a July 2 filer, still waiting for an action !!!

No comments:
Post a Comment