gchandu
04-13 08:31 AM
Hi dammu
Dont expect a success story with DOL for every complaint. If you are genuinly working in US per labour skill set with your h1 filed petetioner then you can expect something from DOL when you make a complaint. On the other side, if you have not been working for 6 months there is no point in you making any complaints...check with your employer and by now your employer should ask you to leave to your home country per law....
Thanks
Chandu
Hi,
I am on H1B without job and no paystubs.
My employer has been trying to find a project for me but till now he couldnt get anything.
Its been 6 months alreay since I am on H1B visa.
He made me modify my actual experience to include fake projects .
Now I am thinking of filing a complaint to DOL.
I have my H1B petition and offer letter from the employer.
But I am worried that if I file complaint ,my employer will threaten me telling that I faked my experience and submitted fake resumes.
What should I do? Will DOL take any action against me?
Any success stories of DOL complaint filing?
Dont expect a success story with DOL for every complaint. If you are genuinly working in US per labour skill set with your h1 filed petetioner then you can expect something from DOL when you make a complaint. On the other side, if you have not been working for 6 months there is no point in you making any complaints...check with your employer and by now your employer should ask you to leave to your home country per law....
Thanks
Chandu
Hi,
I am on H1B without job and no paystubs.
My employer has been trying to find a project for me but till now he couldnt get anything.
Its been 6 months alreay since I am on H1B visa.
He made me modify my actual experience to include fake projects .
Now I am thinking of filing a complaint to DOL.
I have my H1B petition and offer letter from the employer.
But I am worried that if I file complaint ,my employer will threaten me telling that I faked my experience and submitted fake resumes.
What should I do? Will DOL take any action against me?
Any success stories of DOL complaint filing?
wallpaper Michael Fassbender was in
twingy
10-04 03:51 AM
Is there and on going class action lawsuit? and if there is where can I get info to join. I filed for a k3 visa a year and 110 days ago. Till this day USCIS still wont approve my applications because they say that we are stuck in bacgkroud checks. I dont understand how people that field way after me already have their spouse here while I have been waiting for over a year and we still dont have the NOA2. What can I do, where can I joint o get help. Is there a class action going on for this?
dyamannavar
07-18 10:18 AM
If EAD is not filed along with I485 application, Do we need to wait for I485 reciept to file EAD or a copy of 485 application is enough?
Thanks,
Rajeev
Here is:
e-file 765(180 $)
Send copy of 485 along with printout of receipt
Wait for FP appointment
Done(got cards 40 days later)
I already did it for wife, son and myself.
Saved about 1500$
Thanks,
Rajeev
Here is:
e-file 765(180 $)
Send copy of 485 along with printout of receipt
Wait for FP appointment
Done(got cards 40 days later)
I already did it for wife, son and myself.
Saved about 1500$
2011 michael fassbender 300.
jasmin45
10-03 02:24 PM
Greetings,
Here’s what I got from my attorney on Monday, October 1st 07. It seems there was a conference call of some sort with USCIS officials past week. Thought this will just keep you informed if you haven’t heard about this yet. Please check with your attorney for confirmation.
Below is the summary FYI only.
1. Expect further retrogressions on the visa bulletins
2. USCIS received approximately 800,000 total applications in July and August in addition, they received 100,000 family based I-485 cases in July
3. Do not expect premium processing to be re-instated for I-140s for a while
4. There is a big problem with the receipt notice updates that are being published by USCIS—they are not accurate and they are further behind than they are publishing. Aytes is trying to fix this discrepancy.
5. If you submitted photos with the EAD applications, then Aytes said you will get your EAD faster than those who did not
6. Expect changes in regulations to permit H and L people to travel without the I-485 receipt notice due to the major backlog in receipting
7. Aytes said they are trying to set it up that next year the EAD and Advance Paroles will be issued for more than a one year expiration and that there may possibly be one document issued for both the EAD and APs. More on this will come by the end of the year.
8. Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) should be up to date in one month
9. Since the BEC will be updated, Carlson said to expect an increase in audits for the PERM cases at the end of this year and next year----make sure ALL of the recruitment requirements are being met; no fraud involved; employees not being required to pay or pay back labor expenses; employees not involved in the recruitment, etc.
10. 20% of PERM cases are being denied
11. Atlanta’s motions for reconsiderations should be processed faster soon
12. New PERM form on March 28, 2008
13. Carlson stated that the DOL’s position on attorney fees are the foreign national can have an attorney represent him/her for letters of support, previous job descriptions etc. to prepare for the upcoming I-140 stage and ensure that he fits the already prepared job offer requirements, but ALL fees and costs associated with the PERM filing (job offer requirements, advertising, recruitment, preparing the form, filing the form, motions, etc) MUST be paid by the company. FAQ’s are on the DOL website.
14. Work site enforcement----expect CIS officers to request to see I-9s---Make sure the I-9s are being properly completed by the employers.
15. I-9 raids are a hot topic!!!! For example, the city Reno (NV) saw several McDonald restaurants raided on Thursday—this is expected to happen all over the USA and with all types of employers. PLEASE make sure you have the I-9s in a separate place and handy in case of a raid. If I-9s are with other paperwork, then the raiding officer will review it all!
16. WATCH OUT FOR DUIs---in both nonimmigrant and immigrant cases!!! Delays are occurring in these cases.
17. The US consulates and CBP are Googling you!
Here’s what I got from my attorney on Monday, October 1st 07. It seems there was a conference call of some sort with USCIS officials past week. Thought this will just keep you informed if you haven’t heard about this yet. Please check with your attorney for confirmation.
Below is the summary FYI only.
1. Expect further retrogressions on the visa bulletins
2. USCIS received approximately 800,000 total applications in July and August in addition, they received 100,000 family based I-485 cases in July
3. Do not expect premium processing to be re-instated for I-140s for a while
4. There is a big problem with the receipt notice updates that are being published by USCIS—they are not accurate and they are further behind than they are publishing. Aytes is trying to fix this discrepancy.
5. If you submitted photos with the EAD applications, then Aytes said you will get your EAD faster than those who did not
6. Expect changes in regulations to permit H and L people to travel without the I-485 receipt notice due to the major backlog in receipting
7. Aytes said they are trying to set it up that next year the EAD and Advance Paroles will be issued for more than a one year expiration and that there may possibly be one document issued for both the EAD and APs. More on this will come by the end of the year.
8. Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) should be up to date in one month
9. Since the BEC will be updated, Carlson said to expect an increase in audits for the PERM cases at the end of this year and next year----make sure ALL of the recruitment requirements are being met; no fraud involved; employees not being required to pay or pay back labor expenses; employees not involved in the recruitment, etc.
10. 20% of PERM cases are being denied
11. Atlanta’s motions for reconsiderations should be processed faster soon
12. New PERM form on March 28, 2008
13. Carlson stated that the DOL’s position on attorney fees are the foreign national can have an attorney represent him/her for letters of support, previous job descriptions etc. to prepare for the upcoming I-140 stage and ensure that he fits the already prepared job offer requirements, but ALL fees and costs associated with the PERM filing (job offer requirements, advertising, recruitment, preparing the form, filing the form, motions, etc) MUST be paid by the company. FAQ’s are on the DOL website.
14. Work site enforcement----expect CIS officers to request to see I-9s---Make sure the I-9s are being properly completed by the employers.
15. I-9 raids are a hot topic!!!! For example, the city Reno (NV) saw several McDonald restaurants raided on Thursday—this is expected to happen all over the USA and with all types of employers. PLEASE make sure you have the I-9s in a separate place and handy in case of a raid. If I-9s are with other paperwork, then the raiding officer will review it all!
16. WATCH OUT FOR DUIs---in both nonimmigrant and immigrant cases!!! Delays are occurring in these cases.
17. The US consulates and CBP are Googling you!
more...
raysaikat
05-24 05:43 PM
... My husband applied for GC and I have dependent EAD till Oct 2010 but then he moved out of USA last year ...
One point to add: If your husband did not get AP before going out and/or stayed outside for too long and/or did not file taxes in US, etc., then it is possible that he has abandoned his GC application, in which case the dependent's EAD also becomes invalid.
One point to add: If your husband did not get AP before going out and/or stayed outside for too long and/or did not file taxes in US, etc., then it is possible that he has abandoned his GC application, in which case the dependent's EAD also becomes invalid.
good idea
06-02 09:53 AM
Interview Date: Friday May 6, 2011
My Employment Model: E/V/C = employer/vendor/client. Working with the same employer for 5th year now and after initial H1b (3 years) this is my second H1 B renewal)
Visa Officer: A Lady
Visa Officer's comments to me: Everything looks good but we need to do some additional admin review.
Documents requested: The application packet my company gave me. These were returned to me at the conclusion of the interview which lasted for about 3-4 minutes.
Subsequent correspondence: after interview I got a couple of emails (one email per week) asking me to submit the documents (I129, client letter, and any supporting documents)
Current status: last correspondence via email was on May 13th, no response as of yet.
Am I experiencing this because of my employment model? Any comments from anyone?
Did anyone else have similar experience? Anyone from Southeast Asia?
-Yes, this is because of E/V/C model. I have never come across such case (221g) if someone works at employer location, except one, that guy's passport had some issue, and his case got sort out with in a week, in-fact, he did not get 221g. I have not come across case with E/C model too.
-I know at least 7 guys with E/V/C model waiting in India because they got 221g, and still waiting for decision.
My Employment Model: E/V/C = employer/vendor/client. Working with the same employer for 5th year now and after initial H1b (3 years) this is my second H1 B renewal)
Visa Officer: A Lady
Visa Officer's comments to me: Everything looks good but we need to do some additional admin review.
Documents requested: The application packet my company gave me. These were returned to me at the conclusion of the interview which lasted for about 3-4 minutes.
Subsequent correspondence: after interview I got a couple of emails (one email per week) asking me to submit the documents (I129, client letter, and any supporting documents)
Current status: last correspondence via email was on May 13th, no response as of yet.
Am I experiencing this because of my employment model? Any comments from anyone?
Did anyone else have similar experience? Anyone from Southeast Asia?
-Yes, this is because of E/V/C model. I have never come across such case (221g) if someone works at employer location, except one, that guy's passport had some issue, and his case got sort out with in a week, in-fact, he did not get 221g. I have not come across case with E/C model too.
-I know at least 7 guys with E/V/C model waiting in India because they got 221g, and still waiting for decision.
more...
amohale
03-12 07:52 PM
Anyone, please respond to my questions below.......... it will be a great help......
2010 hair michael fassbender
rkgc
11-17 11:33 AM
I think I know what the company means, I have been in the position. My previous company went through lot of layoffs and they are still. But the point here is, they are strictly following the lawyers words, i.e. when a company layoffs and if they are planning to make your friend permanent i.e. start his green card process, then technically during layoffs if the skill-set matches they should offer your friends job to the supposed to be layed off people, now if the company went thru layoffs in the last 6 months, then they should reach the previously layed off people with matching skill-set and offer them the positoin. Basically the company is getting rid of some bad blood also during layoffs so they don't really want to offer them any positoin, so they would rather wait and start GC process for your friend 6 months from the last layoff. The above reply I got from my previous company lawyer (so don't quote me on this) is similar to what your friend got.
Hope this helps...
~rk
Hope this helps...
~rk
more...
Libra
08-15 01:53 PM
Congrats need4gc, now you can relax and concentrate on IV action items. Please contribute to IV in anyway you can.
Sent on 07/02, reached on 07/03. Notice date is 08/13. Checks were encashed on 08/14. :):)
140 was approved from Nebraska.
Good luck to all of you. You will get it soon.
Sent on 07/02, reached on 07/03. Notice date is 08/13. Checks were encashed on 08/14. :):)
140 was approved from Nebraska.
Good luck to all of you. You will get it soon.
hair Stelios.
rajuram
06-11 04:46 PM
Will this not clog the system? How do you think they will approve GCs if we bombard them with letters and queries? They have only so much resources.
more...
suresh.emails
09-14 10:49 AM
The following are answers to your questions. Even I got stamping in Singapore. I use to work in Singapore. I came to USA couple years ago.
1 We both are planning to go for visa interview on the same day. So, who should go first so that it would not interfere others interview? Or does it really make any difference?
There is NO order; who should go first.
Even I was married when I appeared for the interview. I did not take my wife along with me to the interview. Usually, Interview officer does not ask you about where is your spouse?. It is up to you to take spouse for dependent status visa. Visa officer always thinks that spouse will get H4 visa processed once after actual H1-B visa is stamped.
Usually, most of us will go for H1-B visa stamping first and later we send our respective spouses for stamping on dependent status.
2 Will visa officer ask any of us that since you are married why you haven't bring your spouse together? Can we say that the other also has h1b interview on the same day?
The only evidence they can ask you is about your marriage certificate and your marriage photos. Even this is for when dependent goes to get H4 visa stamping . But definitely not for actual H1-B visa stamping.
As per as I know (remember), they are not suppose to ask you beyond that. I mean, there is a limit to ask on the questions. Otherwise, No deep personal questions.
3 I am not sure whether my wife would face any questions regarding that she is married and does she have any spouse issues or what if mine H1b is not going to approved? would she still be interested to pursue her h1b or like that?
In your cases; you will be by default be dependent to each other (as you will be mention your spouse information in DS-156 form).
If one of your H1-B is approved; then other will be automatically dependent (in case H1-B is not approved for other).
US embassy in Singapore interview is kind of cool on just like an interview in Mexico. Cool .. Answer to the question asked; All it takes to decide is 2 minutes in the interview process.
4 My h1b was denied last year because of company project document issue with same Singapore embassy. So I am not sure does it going to make any impact this time or not? Any help appreciated.
You have to mention that in your DS-156 form (for any previous visa refusals). It is up to the visa officer to ask you questions on that.
I believe it is US Consulate in Singapore (but not Singapore Embassy)
Try to be genuine on providing information.
It took about 15 minutes; from the time I entered into US Consulate , to finish the whole interview process and go come out.
You donot have to provide information about your spouse that she/he is appearing for interview on the same day unless otherwise is asked by the visa officer.
Answer to the questions asked; don't be over smart and start answering questions.
I wish you best of luck for your H1-B stamping.
1 We both are planning to go for visa interview on the same day. So, who should go first so that it would not interfere others interview? Or does it really make any difference?
There is NO order; who should go first.
Even I was married when I appeared for the interview. I did not take my wife along with me to the interview. Usually, Interview officer does not ask you about where is your spouse?. It is up to you to take spouse for dependent status visa. Visa officer always thinks that spouse will get H4 visa processed once after actual H1-B visa is stamped.
Usually, most of us will go for H1-B visa stamping first and later we send our respective spouses for stamping on dependent status.
2 Will visa officer ask any of us that since you are married why you haven't bring your spouse together? Can we say that the other also has h1b interview on the same day?
The only evidence they can ask you is about your marriage certificate and your marriage photos. Even this is for when dependent goes to get H4 visa stamping . But definitely not for actual H1-B visa stamping.
As per as I know (remember), they are not suppose to ask you beyond that. I mean, there is a limit to ask on the questions. Otherwise, No deep personal questions.
3 I am not sure whether my wife would face any questions regarding that she is married and does she have any spouse issues or what if mine H1b is not going to approved? would she still be interested to pursue her h1b or like that?
In your cases; you will be by default be dependent to each other (as you will be mention your spouse information in DS-156 form).
If one of your H1-B is approved; then other will be automatically dependent (in case H1-B is not approved for other).
US embassy in Singapore interview is kind of cool on just like an interview in Mexico. Cool .. Answer to the question asked; All it takes to decide is 2 minutes in the interview process.
4 My h1b was denied last year because of company project document issue with same Singapore embassy. So I am not sure does it going to make any impact this time or not? Any help appreciated.
You have to mention that in your DS-156 form (for any previous visa refusals). It is up to the visa officer to ask you questions on that.
I believe it is US Consulate in Singapore (but not Singapore Embassy)
Try to be genuine on providing information.
It took about 15 minutes; from the time I entered into US Consulate , to finish the whole interview process and go come out.
You donot have to provide information about your spouse that she/he is appearing for interview on the same day unless otherwise is asked by the visa officer.
Answer to the questions asked; don't be over smart and start answering questions.
I wish you best of luck for your H1-B stamping.
hot Michael Fassbender
glus
03-19 11:47 AM
My LCA was approved in July 2007.
My lawyer sent the I-14 application to USCIS in January 2008 before the 180 day period but my employer dated the USCIS fee check as 2005.
The USCIS returned the application asking us to re-send the application with a new check.
My lawyer sent the application again with a new check but by the time this application reached USCIS the 180 day period was over and USCIS returned the application again stating that my 180 period is over and they cannot accept the I-140 application now.
I am in the process of filing a fresh Labor Cert again. I guess now I will get a priority date of July 2008 and therefore I am losing 1 whole year in this process.
Is there a way out and will USCIS accept my application? The bad part here is the first application sent was before time but the check date was wrong.
All suggestions are highly appreciated.
Legally, USCIS can not accept an I140 with an expired Labor. If they do so, they will only do that under very unusual circumstances. For example, mail was lost etc. It is going to be hard to get I140 receipted if labor is expired by even one day :-(.
My lawyer sent the I-14 application to USCIS in January 2008 before the 180 day period but my employer dated the USCIS fee check as 2005.
The USCIS returned the application asking us to re-send the application with a new check.
My lawyer sent the application again with a new check but by the time this application reached USCIS the 180 day period was over and USCIS returned the application again stating that my 180 period is over and they cannot accept the I-140 application now.
I am in the process of filing a fresh Labor Cert again. I guess now I will get a priority date of July 2008 and therefore I am losing 1 whole year in this process.
Is there a way out and will USCIS accept my application? The bad part here is the first application sent was before time but the check date was wrong.
All suggestions are highly appreciated.
Legally, USCIS can not accept an I140 with an expired Labor. If they do so, they will only do that under very unusual circumstances. For example, mail was lost etc. It is going to be hard to get I140 receipted if labor is expired by even one day :-(.
more...
house Michael Fassbender Stelios
tonyybn
05-04 11:56 AM
Is there any way to link buying house and green card?
I know EB5 is to invest $500,000 to get a green card.
How about to invest $500,000 buying a house in US and get a green card? Say 100,000 green card for that, that would help the current US economy a lot.
I know EB5 is to invest $500,000 to get a green card.
How about to invest $500,000 buying a house in US and get a green card? Say 100,000 green card for that, that would help the current US economy a lot.
tattoo Michael Fassbender Stelios
GCWarrior
04-16 02:38 PM
I hope so too. I donot know the difference between MTR or Appeal and heard Appeal gives more rights than MTR. Any ideas on which route to take?
Thanks
Thanks
more...
pictures Michael Fassbender as Edward
Canuck
02-06 04:44 PM
I don't think an employer can force you to repay the green card costs if you leave them as soon as you get it. That is illegal and against the law to make a foreign national pay for the costs of green card sponsorship!
dresses Michael Fassbender
aish_m04
11-21 12:46 AM
I am in the same situation as yours. Any update after the infopass appointment.
more...
makeup Michael Fassbender: Stelios
zCool
03-20 04:43 PM
IF USCIS revokes 140 for fraud, you got 2 issues
1. Definitely your 485 is revoked.. no way you can port 140 thro' AC21 if it's revoked for fraud, BUT that is sooooo far fetched.. more likely USCIS may question ability to pay or something or other that can be answered
2. In case of fraud, you have to prove your own innocence, meaning that you didn't have any part in the alleged fraud. Which again is rare scenario.
If you don't trust the company.. leave while you are ahead!
1. Definitely your 485 is revoked.. no way you can port 140 thro' AC21 if it's revoked for fraud, BUT that is sooooo far fetched.. more likely USCIS may question ability to pay or something or other that can be answered
2. In case of fraud, you have to prove your own innocence, meaning that you didn't have any part in the alleged fraud. Which again is rare scenario.
If you don't trust the company.. leave while you are ahead!
girlfriend Michael Fassbender [Actor]
NNReddy
04-01 04:42 PM
Did you port it thru same employer or a different employer?
hairstyles Michael Fassbender
justAnotherFile
07-12 11:00 AM
.. I think this is an excellent way to carry forward the Gandhigiri campaign.
We should start a campaign, pick a few congressmen (may be from immigration subcomitee, judiciary comittee etc) and every member of IV should print out this pamphlet and hand sign, data, address and send it to these congressmen.
We should also send a sample of the letter to news outlets.
This will help keep this issue in the limelight. Any takers??
We should start a campaign, pick a few congressmen (may be from immigration subcomitee, judiciary comittee etc) and every member of IV should print out this pamphlet and hand sign, data, address and send it to these congressmen.
We should also send a sample of the letter to news outlets.
This will help keep this issue in the limelight. Any takers??
bestia
08-08 09:08 PM
...you can also consider getting married :) which will open up more options for you
... as well as closing down many other... ;)
... as well as closing down many other... ;)
wandmaker
10-23 01:16 PM
Thanks for ur reply... but i ve already bought the ticket...so shud i buy another one-way ticket :confused:
1. Cancel your one-way ticket and get a two way ticket with future date
2. Get another one-way return ticket.
Work out a cost difference and decide! for sure, you need to furnish a proof at the port of entry that you will be returning to home country, one of the proofs would be your return ticket.
1. Cancel your one-way ticket and get a two way ticket with future date
2. Get another one-way return ticket.
Work out a cost difference and decide! for sure, you need to furnish a proof at the port of entry that you will be returning to home country, one of the proofs would be your return ticket.

No comments:
Post a Comment