dell123
07-07 07:22 PM
i am just putting an idea, lets plan some hunger strike (one day fast) under american flag for one day! to get justice and get mass media attention..
Just an idea.....
Just an idea.....
wallpaper house justin bieber and selena
gcgreen
01-09 12:46 PM
the two reasons why you would want to enroll in COBRA are:
1. insuring yourself and family for the one month or so. without insurance, everything is expensive.
2. PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. If you are without insurance for some time period that time period is deducted from the typical 6 month or so waiting period of coverage of pre-existing conditions. But I think even in this case there is some grace period of 30-60 days. I suspect if you were covered 30-60 days prior to start of coverage by an employer sponsored plan, then the waiting period is waived. but you need to read the fine print for this.
hope this helps.
Hi,
I am joining new job using AC21 provision coming monday. My new employer does not provide medical insurance for the first month. I am eligible for after I complete 1 month.
So my question is: till the time I get medical coverage from new employer (approx. 20 - 30 days), can I invoke COBRA? I heard that one can not invoke COBRA if he or she is employed (only meant for un-employement) is this true?
Also, should I call my current insurance company for COBRA now, or I can wait if I really need to visit a doctor? is there a grace period for this? Because there is a possiblity that I may never would have to visit a doctor for next 20-30 days, but who knows!
Appreciate your answers.
1. insuring yourself and family for the one month or so. without insurance, everything is expensive.
2. PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS. If you are without insurance for some time period that time period is deducted from the typical 6 month or so waiting period of coverage of pre-existing conditions. But I think even in this case there is some grace period of 30-60 days. I suspect if you were covered 30-60 days prior to start of coverage by an employer sponsored plan, then the waiting period is waived. but you need to read the fine print for this.
hope this helps.
Hi,
I am joining new job using AC21 provision coming monday. My new employer does not provide medical insurance for the first month. I am eligible for after I complete 1 month.
So my question is: till the time I get medical coverage from new employer (approx. 20 - 30 days), can I invoke COBRA? I heard that one can not invoke COBRA if he or she is employed (only meant for un-employement) is this true?
Also, should I call my current insurance company for COBRA now, or I can wait if I really need to visit a doctor? is there a grace period for this? Because there is a possiblity that I may never would have to visit a doctor for next 20-30 days, but who knows!
Appreciate your answers.
ghouse1742
08-11 04:56 PM
I will use it surely when I come across a good opportunity. This is a provision provided by USCIS just for the specific purpose of changing jobs, so why do you anticipate any issues with using AC21 with in the guidelines for using it. I would also consult some one (best one will be a lawyer in my view) who has done this and has good knowledge of this to make sure everything is in order. Best of luck and enjoy the little flexibility AC21 provides.
2011 2011 selena gomez and justin bieber justin bieber and selena gomez laughing.
ronhira
07-21 09:01 AM
doggy, (what a name) u just signed-up and this is your first post..... r u an agent of anti-immigrant website doing their media campaign :cool:
Check Anti Antis: Conference call: To teach Antis how to post!!! (http://anti-antis.blogspot.com/2009/07/conference-call-to-teach-antis-how-to.html)
Conference Call on Effective Posting - tomorrow, July 21st at 7:15pm
How to Post for Maximum Impact
Conference Call tomorrow night, 7:15pm Central
Labor Day marks the beginning of national discussions on the corporate visa programs that allow companies to legally bypass the US workforce. Most tech workers see this bypass and confront this bypass when they are looking for jobs. But most recent college grads will never see or confront this issue because they will never be considered for jobs their degrees qualify them to do.
This is the power of employment discrimination. This issue will be part of a national conversation on comprehensive immigration reform if we tell the truth about our own circumstances.
Businessweek will be posting their article on H-1b exploitation on Wednesday. Join me to discuss why the "culture of bypass" is the necessary precondition to create the "culture of exploitation."
Scheduled Conference Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Scheduled Start Time: 07:15 PM Central Daylight Time
Scheduled End Time: 07:55 PM Central Daylight Time
Type of Conference: Standard
Dial-in Number: 1-219-509-8111
Participant Access Code: 798504
Reservation:
NO, just dial in at 7:15pm Central
Text of Email Sent Last Week:
This culture of exploitation among IT labor contractors could not occur without the legal protections to bypass the US workforce. This is why the corporations are fighting hard to defend this protection and defeat the Durbin bill (S. 887).
Readers may not make the connection between this corporate malfeasance and the bypass of qualifed citizens and green card holders - but your posts can. Make sure your posts mention the Durbin bill (S.887).
Here's some talking points on corporate protections affored by visa programs:
* The H-1b corporate visa program is responsible for these crimes because it protects corporations from ever considering local talent and opening the door to this culture of exploitation. Passing the Durbin bill will end this culutre of exploitation.
* Protectionist measures in the current corporate visa programs are poisoning the IT industry - no corporation should be protected from the consequences of discriminatory hiring practices.
* American labor laws and EEO have had a powerful impact on American society. These visa programs protect corporations from employing a workforce that knows their rights and can exercise them. That's why corporations don't want the Durbin bill (S. 887) to pass.
* Far from protecting the US workforce, the Durbin bill (S.887) will give us a chance to compete for job openings in our own country, thus preventing these corporate crimes.
* It's the responsibilty of the federal government to ensure that we have the freedom to compete- and we will get this freedom to compete when S.887 passes.
* If these companies were required to seek local talent first, these shakedowns would virtually disappear.
* The discriminatory practice of recruiting abroad for US job openings now breeds a form of exploitation unimaginable to 21st century Americans. These cheats could never swindle Americans this way.
Our posts promoting the Durbin bill will be watched -- and measured -- by Congressional supporters of the Durbin bill and all of the players who will be at the table when this issue comes up in the fall.
Your posts supporting the bill and defending American labor and talent will let all the players know that American IT professionals are standing up for what they want and shaping the circumstances of our lives.
Donna Conroy
Director
Bright Future Jobs (http://www.brightfuturejobs.com)
dmconroy@sbcglobal.net
Check Anti Antis: Conference call: To teach Antis how to post!!! (http://anti-antis.blogspot.com/2009/07/conference-call-to-teach-antis-how-to.html)
Conference Call on Effective Posting - tomorrow, July 21st at 7:15pm
How to Post for Maximum Impact
Conference Call tomorrow night, 7:15pm Central
Labor Day marks the beginning of national discussions on the corporate visa programs that allow companies to legally bypass the US workforce. Most tech workers see this bypass and confront this bypass when they are looking for jobs. But most recent college grads will never see or confront this issue because they will never be considered for jobs their degrees qualify them to do.
This is the power of employment discrimination. This issue will be part of a national conversation on comprehensive immigration reform if we tell the truth about our own circumstances.
Businessweek will be posting their article on H-1b exploitation on Wednesday. Join me to discuss why the "culture of bypass" is the necessary precondition to create the "culture of exploitation."
Scheduled Conference Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Scheduled Start Time: 07:15 PM Central Daylight Time
Scheduled End Time: 07:55 PM Central Daylight Time
Type of Conference: Standard
Dial-in Number: 1-219-509-8111
Participant Access Code: 798504
Reservation:
NO, just dial in at 7:15pm Central
Text of Email Sent Last Week:
This culture of exploitation among IT labor contractors could not occur without the legal protections to bypass the US workforce. This is why the corporations are fighting hard to defend this protection and defeat the Durbin bill (S. 887).
Readers may not make the connection between this corporate malfeasance and the bypass of qualifed citizens and green card holders - but your posts can. Make sure your posts mention the Durbin bill (S.887).
Here's some talking points on corporate protections affored by visa programs:
* The H-1b corporate visa program is responsible for these crimes because it protects corporations from ever considering local talent and opening the door to this culture of exploitation. Passing the Durbin bill will end this culutre of exploitation.
* Protectionist measures in the current corporate visa programs are poisoning the IT industry - no corporation should be protected from the consequences of discriminatory hiring practices.
* American labor laws and EEO have had a powerful impact on American society. These visa programs protect corporations from employing a workforce that knows their rights and can exercise them. That's why corporations don't want the Durbin bill (S. 887) to pass.
* Far from protecting the US workforce, the Durbin bill (S.887) will give us a chance to compete for job openings in our own country, thus preventing these corporate crimes.
* It's the responsibilty of the federal government to ensure that we have the freedom to compete- and we will get this freedom to compete when S.887 passes.
* If these companies were required to seek local talent first, these shakedowns would virtually disappear.
* The discriminatory practice of recruiting abroad for US job openings now breeds a form of exploitation unimaginable to 21st century Americans. These cheats could never swindle Americans this way.
Our posts promoting the Durbin bill will be watched -- and measured -- by Congressional supporters of the Durbin bill and all of the players who will be at the table when this issue comes up in the fall.
Your posts supporting the bill and defending American labor and talent will let all the players know that American IT professionals are standing up for what they want and shaping the circumstances of our lives.
Donna Conroy
Director
Bright Future Jobs (http://www.brightfuturejobs.com)
dmconroy@sbcglobal.net
more...
Pineapple
01-06 02:58 PM
Here is an old limerick :
There was a young fellow from Lyme
Who lived with three wives at one time
When asked: "Why the third?"
He replied:"One's absurd,
And bigamy, sir, is a crime."
There was a young fellow from Lyme
Who lived with three wives at one time
When asked: "Why the third?"
He replied:"One's absurd,
And bigamy, sir, is a crime."
spicy_guy
10-19 01:37 PM
Mine RD: Sep 3rd
I have booked tickets for Nov 18th.
I think I can wait until this month end to start expediting process. I will have 17 days window.
What do you suggest guys? Is that a reasonable time or I should start right away?
Thanks
I have booked tickets for Nov 18th.
I think I can wait until this month end to start expediting process. I will have 17 days window.
What do you suggest guys? Is that a reasonable time or I should start right away?
Thanks
more...
akgind
07-13 06:19 PM
Taking up the DREAM Act issue will strengthen the IV cause...by showing how legals are getting short-changed from every angle on the entire immigration issue.
It requires a very small change in the DREAM Act as contained in CIR. Just remove the clause that says it will apply to Z visa holders. In any case, Z visa no longer exists since CIR failed. But I am afraid the will replace it by some condition requiring undocumented presence. Remaining conditions apply to legals as well:
(from the failed CIR)
� Have maintained continuous physical presence in the U.S. since 1/1/07
� Was under 30 years of age on date of enactment
� Was under age 16 at time of initial entry into U.S.
� Have obtained U.S. high school diploma or GED
� Have not been absent from the U.S. for more than 365 total days during period of conditional residence (except those absent due to U.S. military service)
� Have acquired a degree from a U.S. higher ed institution; or completed 2 years in Bachelor�s degree program or higher at such an institution; or have served at least 2 years in the U.S. military
� Has provided a list of all of the secondary educational institutions he or she has attended in the U.S
Agree with you ... They say things like kids should not suffer for actions of their parents .. Why the same logic apply for legal kids.
It requires a very small change in the DREAM Act as contained in CIR. Just remove the clause that says it will apply to Z visa holders. In any case, Z visa no longer exists since CIR failed. But I am afraid the will replace it by some condition requiring undocumented presence. Remaining conditions apply to legals as well:
(from the failed CIR)
� Have maintained continuous physical presence in the U.S. since 1/1/07
� Was under 30 years of age on date of enactment
� Was under age 16 at time of initial entry into U.S.
� Have obtained U.S. high school diploma or GED
� Have not been absent from the U.S. for more than 365 total days during period of conditional residence (except those absent due to U.S. military service)
� Have acquired a degree from a U.S. higher ed institution; or completed 2 years in Bachelor�s degree program or higher at such an institution; or have served at least 2 years in the U.S. military
� Has provided a list of all of the secondary educational institutions he or she has attended in the U.S
Agree with you ... They say things like kids should not suffer for actions of their parents .. Why the same logic apply for legal kids.
2010 News: Justin Bieber Opens Up
keepon
07-15 09:01 PM
would you please send to me too?
Many thanks!
Many thanks!
more...
johnamit
07-17 09:34 AM
Most of the July filers have 140 approved and working in a full time job.So I think there will be little impact.
thats not necessarily true, there are lots of people with consulting firms including myself, however these are big consulting firms with 1000+ employees. I see fewer applicant from smaller companies.
thats not necessarily true, there are lots of people with consulting firms including myself, however these are big consulting firms with 1000+ employees. I see fewer applicant from smaller companies.
hair Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
neverbefore
07-14 11:38 AM
Your spouse applied for H4/H1? Which one?
Applied for H1B. We already have the H1B approval notices. We also have EAD/AP. Still we got dragged into this.
The H1B sponsoring company is a large and famous Biopharma company with billions in market cap. AOS is also through the I-140 from that company.
Everything is way above board for us. Still we got stuck!
Applied for H1B. We already have the H1B approval notices. We also have EAD/AP. Still we got dragged into this.
The H1B sponsoring company is a large and famous Biopharma company with billions in market cap. AOS is also through the I-140 from that company.
Everything is way above board for us. Still we got stuck!
more...
x1050us
07-19 10:24 AM
All;
The problem here is not just the TB skin test, but the blood test that tests for HIV and the other STD. It is mandatory for the Civil surgeon to draw blood and check for these. My civil surgeon told me he will not accept these 2 tests from any other doctor. I got the TB skin test done at a local clinic before the medical appointment and he accepted that.
Also, XRAY's are NOT madatory. Only if you have a positive reaction to the skin test then you are required to do the XRAY to rule out TB.
About, sending the medical reports later, all discusssions here point to the fact that there is no concensus. It would be every attorneys call if they want to submit without the medicals. But, remember USCIS document clearly states that you are REQUIRED to submit medicals. No where does it mention that you can send it later on. So, in the event that you do not submit your Medicals and they reject your I-485, you will really have NO legal basis to appeal other than make a plea.
I also agree with the person who warned you about the flights getting delayed. You are cutting it too close! Your wife needs to come back earlier. If this is an emergency, then she should come back, get medicals done, submit I-485 and then go back. All this can be achieved in about 4-5 days. Ask for an EMERGENCY appointment at the consulate. PLEAD your case. Dont walk away from the consulate till they give you an EMERGENCY Appointment
I strongly suggest that she shoudl catch the next flight back and return. You are not going to get this "chance" anytime soon again.
What will be the basis for emergency appointment ? I was strictly warned not to mention AOS as the basis for the request as it can seriously harm.
The problem here is not just the TB skin test, but the blood test that tests for HIV and the other STD. It is mandatory for the Civil surgeon to draw blood and check for these. My civil surgeon told me he will not accept these 2 tests from any other doctor. I got the TB skin test done at a local clinic before the medical appointment and he accepted that.
Also, XRAY's are NOT madatory. Only if you have a positive reaction to the skin test then you are required to do the XRAY to rule out TB.
About, sending the medical reports later, all discusssions here point to the fact that there is no concensus. It would be every attorneys call if they want to submit without the medicals. But, remember USCIS document clearly states that you are REQUIRED to submit medicals. No where does it mention that you can send it later on. So, in the event that you do not submit your Medicals and they reject your I-485, you will really have NO legal basis to appeal other than make a plea.
I also agree with the person who warned you about the flights getting delayed. You are cutting it too close! Your wife needs to come back earlier. If this is an emergency, then she should come back, get medicals done, submit I-485 and then go back. All this can be achieved in about 4-5 days. Ask for an EMERGENCY appointment at the consulate. PLEAD your case. Dont walk away from the consulate till they give you an EMERGENCY Appointment
I strongly suggest that she shoudl catch the next flight back and return. You are not going to get this "chance" anytime soon again.
What will be the basis for emergency appointment ? I was strictly warned not to mention AOS as the basis for the request as it can seriously harm.
hot justin bieber and selena gomez
heywhat
08-15 12:59 AM
:)
Will I-485 package get rejected if no employment letter attached?
While rushing to send our packages to USCIS on July2nd, we could not get our future employment letter signed and did not include in the package. But now I have the employment letter.
Experts, do you think I need re-file or wait out?
Anyone is in the same boat got their receipt#s or still waiting
Thanks
Will I-485 package get rejected if no employment letter attached?
While rushing to send our packages to USCIS on July2nd, we could not get our future employment letter signed and did not include in the package. But now I have the employment letter.
Experts, do you think I need re-file or wait out?
Anyone is in the same boat got their receipt#s or still waiting
Thanks
more...
house 2010 selena gomez crying over

Sheila Danzig
02-25 03:23 PM
I did post about this. We have seen professor's expert opinion letters showing the equivalency to the MA being approved. However, the evidence does point to an equivalency to a BA.
Sheila -
You have not responded to my post so far.
How can CA/ICWA be equivalent to MS programs as they are post high school courses? These courses do not require graduation for admission.
Have a good day!
Sheila -
You have not responded to my post so far.
How can CA/ICWA be equivalent to MS programs as they are post high school courses? These courses do not require graduation for admission.
Have a good day!
tattoo hair selena gomez and justin
yabayaba
08-21 12:20 PM
I am already started the process. Is it worth waiting for something would happen on visa recapture front in Lameduck session after mid term election?.Your thoughts on this?
more...
pictures justin bieber laughing
anilnag
11-29 04:02 AM
Even though the effect of retrogression is expected to reduce from the current 8+ years, it is still going to hover around 5 years in 2012 (assuming a weak economy and minimal filings).
This line isn't true anymore for EB3 India after correcting the typo in dates. I believe this can be deleted because even in 2012 the wait time is 8+ years. With huge CP numbers (~20K) for EB3I, the wait time will surely increase further which is not factored in the report.
This line isn't true anymore for EB3 India after correcting the typo in dates. I believe this can be deleted because even in 2012 the wait time is 8+ years. With huge CP numbers (~20K) for EB3I, the wait time will surely increase further which is not factored in the report.
dresses Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber
ebizash
05-30 09:44 AM
Voted YES
Its good to see 166 Ayes and 0 No!!
Its good to see 166 Ayes and 0 No!!
more...
makeup hair Selena Gomez and Justin

dvrao4
11-20 08:07 AM
got EAD, AP and I-140 approved july, 06 still waiting for FP. no SR yet
girlfriend selena gomez laughing gif.
nolud
02-11 04:08 PM
I received a letter from uscis/DHS on Jan 28.
It was in response to my request about my wifes I-485 being in namecheck for a long time.
The response stated:
"The review of our records indicate that the investigation into your background has been completed. The processing of your case has been delayed because the requirement review is still in process."
Does this mean that the namecheck has been completed?
What is "requirement review"?
Did anyone else get this type of letter?
Wifes Case dates:
PD - Jul 2003
Interview Date - Jan 4 2006
Type - Family based ( on marriage )
Info Pass - Sep 2007
Last FP - Oct 2007
LUD - 10/2007 ( probably because of FP )
Current Status:
On October 7, 2003, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
Note: If this is the wrong forum/area, please advise where is this question best suited for...
Thanks to ALL
It was in response to my request about my wifes I-485 being in namecheck for a long time.
The response stated:
"The review of our records indicate that the investigation into your background has been completed. The processing of your case has been delayed because the requirement review is still in process."
Does this mean that the namecheck has been completed?
What is "requirement review"?
Did anyone else get this type of letter?
Wifes Case dates:
PD - Jul 2003
Interview Date - Jan 4 2006
Type - Family based ( on marriage )
Info Pass - Sep 2007
Last FP - Oct 2007
LUD - 10/2007 ( probably because of FP )
Current Status:
On October 7, 2003, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
Note: If this is the wrong forum/area, please advise where is this question best suited for...
Thanks to ALL
hairstyles Justin Bieber and Selena
eb3retro
04-01 06:59 PM
hi, just now both the faxes sent. one more small suggestion, correct me if i am wrong, also in addition to contacting the employers, can we contact good immigration lawyers like Berry Appleman and Leiden (www.usabal.com), rajiv khanna, murthy.com, sheila, aila.org, ohio immigration (www.immigration-law.com) etc and ask them to send this fax on their letter pads on behalf of IV. my 2 cents..
thanks.
thanks.
gapala
02-21 01:25 PM
TSC - Texas service center
AOS - Adjustment of Status
AOS - Adjustment of Status
lazycis
12-18 11:02 AM
This is not to oppose your message - I am just trying to figure out where these arguments comes from because I don't think I believe in this whole fraud thing. AC21 is meant for one to change jobs after working for the original sponsoring company for 180 days. Also, there are no clear guidelines stating that one must inform the USCIS - so what will this fraud be based on? How can one be committing fraud if there are no guidelines to tell you what is considered fraudulent? I think one is fraudulant when one actually violates some set rules etc. I don't think the USCIS can have a basis for suspecting someone of fraud when they don't even have a definition of what may constitute fraud in this case because of the lack of guidelines. Plus, I have never, ever heard of anyone be denied or suspected of anything like this during citizenship, I just don't believe this is a factor AT ALL. I see these comments a lot and they just don't make any sense to me. To me, it is like breaking a law that doesn't exist. And you say one may be "suspected", well, suspicion is just that, suspicion. The USCIS needs to show proof that you intended to be fraudulent and for as long as there are no AC21 guidelines that tell you that you must inform the USCIS upon invoking AC21, the USCIS will not and cannot have a case against you.
I agree with you. It's not required by law to file any AC21 papers so the USCIS cannot do much. Also, the green card cannot be revoked after 5 years so by the time you apply for citizenship, the USCIS cannot do anything bad to you. Worst case, they will ask about it during the citizenship interview so it's a good idea to keep your employment offer handy. But it's very unlikely and I really doubt they can deny your citizenship based on this. That's why I see no drawbacks in not filing AC21 and no benefits in filing it if you know that I-140 won't be withdrawn. My advice would be to take an employment letter from current employer and keep it in case the USCIS asks for it. There is no need to cause troubles for yourself by letting the USCIS know about it.
I agree with you. It's not required by law to file any AC21 papers so the USCIS cannot do much. Also, the green card cannot be revoked after 5 years so by the time you apply for citizenship, the USCIS cannot do anything bad to you. Worst case, they will ask about it during the citizenship interview so it's a good idea to keep your employment offer handy. But it's very unlikely and I really doubt they can deny your citizenship based on this. That's why I see no drawbacks in not filing AC21 and no benefits in filing it if you know that I-140 won't be withdrawn. My advice would be to take an employment letter from current employer and keep it in case the USCIS asks for it. There is no need to cause troubles for yourself by letting the USCIS know about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment