Hrududu
May 2, 05:31 PM
How much RAM do you have? In my Late 2009 MBP, whenever I play in the 9400m(256 mb ram), it changes the quality to low, which is still pretty good IMO. Just more cartoony, thats all. Im guessing you will have to play on low though, but you *shouldn't* have a problem.
I've got the full 3GB that it'll recognize. I'm mostly concerned about the old video card.
I've got the full 3GB that it'll recognize. I'm mostly concerned about the old video card.
j_maddison
Mar 21, 01:24 PM
Uh, why? How is it shameful? This isn't an item that is even remotely usable for studying with alone - what other electronics company does student discount on the scale that Apple does? The iPad is a glorified iPod touch, it is not a learning device (yet), not will it replace a computer in the home unless all you use is Facebook, even then you can't upload photos without the use of another computer.
Sarcasm, right? Any student, it doesn't even fulfill the needs of half of all students. It can't print, for one! Nor can you put pictures or anything onto it without the use of another computer, so how exactly does it replace a computer?
Like the way you just picked out a solitary post, ignored my other post, just to make your point ;0)
I said it's a companion device in a later post. I was a student, and I agree I wouldn't write an essay on an iPad. My 80wpm isn't blistering, but it would be slowed right down by the iPad and I would want to get my thoughts on the screen as quickly as possible
What it is good for is note taking in lectures, using the diary on the go, being able to surf the net, reference quickly, carry core texts around with you (core texts not replacing half a dozen books that need to be open at hte same time for quick reference), great for e mail on the go, great for facebook in those boring lectures where you're struggling to keep your self awake, and lots of other handy things.
Where it falls down is the lack of multi tasking, porn, illegal downloading, and lots of other things students find handy :D
I used a palm during my uni years, the think was fricking amazing for what I wanted it to do at the time. You don't always need to carry around one device that does it all, sometimes simplicity and convenience is what it's all about
Funnily enough I agree with your points, just don't try and bend what someone else has said to try and fit the point you want to make, you'll lose marks for that in your exams/ essays ;)
It seems like the majority of the comments are about Price, personal purchase and Higher ed use cases. All of these comments miss the point of what the announcement is about, institutional purchases. This is about school's buying large quantities, and really, since I have a hard time imagining that a University would be buying 10 packs of iPods . Yes, I know that schools like ACU have innovative 1:1 ipod /phone programs where they provide devices to the student, that is not really what this bundle is about). The target audience of a program like this is clearly K12. It is similar to bundles that apple currently has of 32 iPod touches and a Bretford cart or use in a K12 classroom.
This is all interesting, but the biggest challenge and obstacle that Apple has in K12 is that the iPod ecosystem is a consumer model. It is also not a Higher ed model, where students own their own device and are conditioned to the requiremet of buying their content. I work as a technologist for a 200+ school district and we have been trying to figure out for the better part of a year how to make this consumer product work in k12 setting.
We've been running pilots in several schools / classes since late spring of 09 and the biggest problem we have is getting a straight answer on how to liscence paid applications. We've asked several Apple representatives "if I buy a class set of 32 ipods, and I want to use a paid app, how many copies does the school need to buy, how many itunes accounts do we need, how many computers do we need to sync all 32 devices and how can we purchase using ta purchase order (no school is going to relish tying a credit card to a personal account, or cutting a PO for 30 $25 itunes gift cards!)
The answer we have gotten back every time has been not 32, not 1, not 1 for every 5 devices, but the question does not apply, the iPod and iTunes are consumer products and the enduser agreement is for consumers not institutions, and when asked for advice we've been told that Apple does not provide interpretations of their agreements and how we choose to interpret it is a mater that we should take up with our in-house council.
The good will and glow of Apple in education will continue to drive adoption of the ipod and ipad. I know millions of stimulus dollars went to ipods in school districts around the country, unfortunately, until Apple accepts the fact that school districts are not individuals and they have to "think different" and work with us when we ask for advice on how to successfully use their products in K12, much of the money and the potential will go o waste.
I hold my hand up, I did miss the point. I confused this with being one and the same as a student/ teacher discount. I didn't engage my brain there for a second.
I think Apple should give good discounts to educational establishments and students, hell it's far cheaper for them than marketing campaigns. Hook a student on an Apple and you've got a customer for life!
Sarcasm, right? Any student, it doesn't even fulfill the needs of half of all students. It can't print, for one! Nor can you put pictures or anything onto it without the use of another computer, so how exactly does it replace a computer?
Like the way you just picked out a solitary post, ignored my other post, just to make your point ;0)
I said it's a companion device in a later post. I was a student, and I agree I wouldn't write an essay on an iPad. My 80wpm isn't blistering, but it would be slowed right down by the iPad and I would want to get my thoughts on the screen as quickly as possible
What it is good for is note taking in lectures, using the diary on the go, being able to surf the net, reference quickly, carry core texts around with you (core texts not replacing half a dozen books that need to be open at hte same time for quick reference), great for e mail on the go, great for facebook in those boring lectures where you're struggling to keep your self awake, and lots of other handy things.
Where it falls down is the lack of multi tasking, porn, illegal downloading, and lots of other things students find handy :D
I used a palm during my uni years, the think was fricking amazing for what I wanted it to do at the time. You don't always need to carry around one device that does it all, sometimes simplicity and convenience is what it's all about
Funnily enough I agree with your points, just don't try and bend what someone else has said to try and fit the point you want to make, you'll lose marks for that in your exams/ essays ;)
It seems like the majority of the comments are about Price, personal purchase and Higher ed use cases. All of these comments miss the point of what the announcement is about, institutional purchases. This is about school's buying large quantities, and really, since I have a hard time imagining that a University would be buying 10 packs of iPods . Yes, I know that schools like ACU have innovative 1:1 ipod /phone programs where they provide devices to the student, that is not really what this bundle is about). The target audience of a program like this is clearly K12. It is similar to bundles that apple currently has of 32 iPod touches and a Bretford cart or use in a K12 classroom.
This is all interesting, but the biggest challenge and obstacle that Apple has in K12 is that the iPod ecosystem is a consumer model. It is also not a Higher ed model, where students own their own device and are conditioned to the requiremet of buying their content. I work as a technologist for a 200+ school district and we have been trying to figure out for the better part of a year how to make this consumer product work in k12 setting.
We've been running pilots in several schools / classes since late spring of 09 and the biggest problem we have is getting a straight answer on how to liscence paid applications. We've asked several Apple representatives "if I buy a class set of 32 ipods, and I want to use a paid app, how many copies does the school need to buy, how many itunes accounts do we need, how many computers do we need to sync all 32 devices and how can we purchase using ta purchase order (no school is going to relish tying a credit card to a personal account, or cutting a PO for 30 $25 itunes gift cards!)
The answer we have gotten back every time has been not 32, not 1, not 1 for every 5 devices, but the question does not apply, the iPod and iTunes are consumer products and the enduser agreement is for consumers not institutions, and when asked for advice we've been told that Apple does not provide interpretations of their agreements and how we choose to interpret it is a mater that we should take up with our in-house council.
The good will and glow of Apple in education will continue to drive adoption of the ipod and ipad. I know millions of stimulus dollars went to ipods in school districts around the country, unfortunately, until Apple accepts the fact that school districts are not individuals and they have to "think different" and work with us when we ask for advice on how to successfully use their products in K12, much of the money and the potential will go o waste.
I hold my hand up, I did miss the point. I confused this with being one and the same as a student/ teacher discount. I didn't engage my brain there for a second.
I think Apple should give good discounts to educational establishments and students, hell it's far cheaper for them than marketing campaigns. Hook a student on an Apple and you've got a customer for life!
atticus1178
Sep 19, 04:20 PM
Do you mean "whilst" the update is happening the fans run at full speed, or after the update applys your fans are stupidly loud? :confused:
With a pending order of the mac pro, the last thing I wanna go through is powermac G5 fan hell again......
yeah, just during the update, they blast off for about 10 seconds, it actually sounds like a small airplane taking off (thankfully my mac pro is secured between my desk and the wall :) )
but NO, the fans are not loud all the time now, they sound just fine, but after the update (according to temperature monitor) they are about 10 degrees F cooler now at idle
With a pending order of the mac pro, the last thing I wanna go through is powermac G5 fan hell again......
yeah, just during the update, they blast off for about 10 seconds, it actually sounds like a small airplane taking off (thankfully my mac pro is secured between my desk and the wall :) )
but NO, the fans are not loud all the time now, they sound just fine, but after the update (according to temperature monitor) they are about 10 degrees F cooler now at idle
mrsir2009
May 3, 01:53 PM
Alright, here we go Apple: I *will* buy a 13" MacBook Air on the day of the next refresh if it can have:
- Core i5 processors (Won't happen)
- SD card slot (Already has one)
- backlit keyboard (Good chance it will have one)
- integrated 3G/LTE (Its a laptop, not a cellphone)
- 10-hour battery life to match the iPad (Don't see how the battery can get any bigger)
A tall order, of course, but one can hope.
Hey Apple: I'll still buy one even if you don't quite manage to fit in the last two (but please try to increase battery life anyway).
- Core i5 processors (Won't happen)
- SD card slot (Already has one)
- backlit keyboard (Good chance it will have one)
- integrated 3G/LTE (Its a laptop, not a cellphone)
- 10-hour battery life to match the iPad (Don't see how the battery can get any bigger)
A tall order, of course, but one can hope.
Hey Apple: I'll still buy one even if you don't quite manage to fit in the last two (but please try to increase battery life anyway).
more...
Deimo
Nov 2, 03:30 PM
The important pieces to note about the marketshare is that this definitely is coming from switchers, not from upgraders. If you look at the data, you will see that it's broken up between MacOS and MacIntel. The data for MacOS is just PPC people, and that actually remained constant throughout the year:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/chartfx62/temp/CFT1102_0428382CEA7.gif
while the marketshare for MacIntel has been a nice parabolic curve:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/chartfx62/temp/CFT1102_04293606D2A.gif
for full information go here:http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=2
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/chartfx62/temp/CFT1102_0428382CEA7.gif
while the marketshare for MacIntel has been a nice parabolic curve:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/chartfx62/temp/CFT1102_04293606D2A.gif
for full information go here:http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=2
tmphoto
Sep 27, 12:27 PM
Could be that the 400D came with the latest software. Have you tried getting an update from the Canon website (DPP 2.2 etc). I can PM you the version numbers of the various utilities later on if you want?
Thanks but, yes I spent hours on it the day I realized there was a problem. First reinstalling, then checking for updates and after a lot failure I checked the forums at dpreview and found that I was not alone and that it was in fact the OS update that caused it.
Canon's site even acknowledges the problem.
Thanks but, yes I spent hours on it the day I realized there was a problem. First reinstalling, then checking for updates and after a lot failure I checked the forums at dpreview and found that I was not alone and that it was in fact the OS update that caused it.
Canon's site even acknowledges the problem.
more...
Abulia
Aug 14, 10:53 AM
Interesting article on how the Apple ads are turning off potential buyers in the recent InfoWorld. I blogged my thoughts on the campaign and WWDC here (http://www.donmappin.com/?p=189).
PopCulture
Jan 13, 02:27 PM
This application kinda scares me. I don't want everyone knowing where I'm at. I'll pass.
more...
nsayer
Mar 23, 03:38 PM
Why don't they just use existing standards? RTSP, H.264/MPEG4 video and bonjour. There. No licensing required.
But no.
Apple pulls the "standards compliant" flag out of their asses only when it suits them. Boo.
But no.
Apple pulls the "standards compliant" flag out of their asses only when it suits them. Boo.
rovex
Apr 5, 11:42 AM
If they could make it work intelligently with the ambient light sensor as well as the overall brightness of the display (as in when the display shows something dark, the light dims as well), I think it would be quite cool.
It would also allow for an indicator light (in a similar fashion to BlackBerrys and some Nokia phones), something that I'd appreciate. I had a BlackBerry for a while and it was nice not having to manually activate the phone on a regular basis to check for messages.
By the way, glow-in-the-dark implies the green glowing stuff, not button illumination. I misunderstood what you were talking about. ;)
Yes, and when receiving emails the button lights up on and off. Would be a much appreciated feature IMO.
Capacitive home button is the way to go; looks better, more functionality.
It would also allow for an indicator light (in a similar fashion to BlackBerrys and some Nokia phones), something that I'd appreciate. I had a BlackBerry for a while and it was nice not having to manually activate the phone on a regular basis to check for messages.
By the way, glow-in-the-dark implies the green glowing stuff, not button illumination. I misunderstood what you were talking about. ;)
Yes, and when receiving emails the button lights up on and off. Would be a much appreciated feature IMO.
Capacitive home button is the way to go; looks better, more functionality.
more...
Buschmaster
Aug 14, 10:25 AM
Of course it applies. Your assinine response has me thinking you're a jerk. Had you responded in a positive manner, even if disagreeing, my opinion of you would be entirely different. How's that for a simple real life example? Positivity is always preferable to negativity.
But don't you think everyone is frustrated by the little things that the ads pick apart? And anyone who is is anyone who may potentially switch.
I think it's brilliant.
But don't you think everyone is frustrated by the little things that the ads pick apart? And anyone who is is anyone who may potentially switch.
I think it's brilliant.
powerofmac
Aug 19, 10:16 AM
I dont know what kind of CRAZY KILLER friends you all have on facebook. I only have relatives and close friends I see and talk to on a normal occasion.
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND DUH.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really.
more...

Bentley Arnage Wallpapers and

Bentley Gt Wallpaper.
more...

Bentley Wallpaper

Bentley Wallpaper.
more...

Bentley Continental GT DS

1024x768 wallpaper Bentley

david entley wallpaper,
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND DUH.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really.
more...
aafuss1
Nov 14, 09:37 AM
I wonder if British Airways and Qantas wil offer this. After all it's one up on Zune.
Michaelgtrusa
Apr 5, 12:56 PM
He the man!
more...

lewdvig
Jun 13, 01:06 PM
Yes, T-Mobile uses 2100 Mhz, which iPhone supports, but they also use 1700 Mhz, which no iPhone yet supports. You'd need both to use T-Mobile's 3G network.
It would be much easier to add the 1700 Mhz band than to create a CDMA iPhone, though I think both are likely.
Hopefully Verizon accepts fate and just switches to GSM like Bell and Telus (former CDMA stalwarts) did up here in Canada.
Mind you, Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus and Virgin all sell the iPhone - all for the same price and same monthly fees. So competition isn't always better.
It would be much easier to add the 1700 Mhz band than to create a CDMA iPhone, though I think both are likely.
Hopefully Verizon accepts fate and just switches to GSM like Bell and Telus (former CDMA stalwarts) did up here in Canada.
Mind you, Rogers, Fido, Bell, Telus and Virgin all sell the iPhone - all for the same price and same monthly fees. So competition isn't always better.
clayj
Sep 17, 11:07 PM
I was referring to the pic of you when you were working for The Architect on The Matrix plus the fact that, as you rightly said, I only have a nano and not a mini. :(Ah.
'Twas only a joke... I honestly have no idea whatsoever about what sort of iPod mad jew might be packin'. ;)
'Twas only a joke... I honestly have no idea whatsoever about what sort of iPod mad jew might be packin'. ;)
more...
reberto
Dec 9, 05:51 PM
what kind of ram does it use? DDR?
D'Illusion
Jan 16, 09:36 AM
In the UK where customers of the like of O2 (me) have more chance of getting a w##k off the Pope than a decent data signal without resorting to standing up a ladder and waving their phone in the air, this is a definate no win app.
Depends. If you're a little choir boy then you might arouse the Pope's interest.
Depends. If you're a little choir boy then you might arouse the Pope's interest.
Thunderhawks
Apr 15, 06:35 AM
Windows 7 was his idea.
The shirt and T look was his wife's.
The shirt and T look was his wife's.
kainjow
Apr 18, 10:46 PM
Price check threads must be in the Marketplace forum.
KohPhiPhi
Apr 20, 05:54 PM
My MBA Ultimate is perfect for me right now as my sole working machine. This is simply a super balanced laptop for those seeking mobility and reasonable performance. No need for me to fix what's not broken right now.
I won't be jumping in on a SB+HD3000 upgrade, so I will pass on the next update until Ivy comes out (as long as it's paired with a decent GPU and not with a lame HD3000-like).
I won't be jumping in on a SB+HD3000 upgrade, so I will pass on the next update until Ivy comes out (as long as it's paired with a decent GPU and not with a lame HD3000-like).
Atothendrew24
Mar 13, 01:09 PM
I had a problem here in Arizona where there is no daylight savings time. I have the my AT&T iPhone set to auto set date and time and it was a hour ahead.
ex. My alarm went off at 10:30 when it was actually 9:30.
ex. My alarm went off at 10:30 when it was actually 9:30.
leekohler
May 5, 02:59 PM
Oh please. If the NDP had got in then Canada would be royally screwed. The NDP has a poor record in a number of provinces of running the provincial governments into deep deficits and scaring away businesses.
I would take the opinion piece from someone with the Toronto Star with a little bit of salt. They are like the Huffington Post of Canada or a left leaning Canadian version of those British tabloids that they try to pass for "newspapers" in England.
So, I should not take Harper's word on his beliefs regarding social issues? Really? Do you really want to put money down that he won't act on those beliefs?
I would take the opinion piece from someone with the Toronto Star with a little bit of salt. They are like the Huffington Post of Canada or a left leaning Canadian version of those British tabloids that they try to pass for "newspapers" in England.
So, I should not take Harper's word on his beliefs regarding social issues? Really? Do you really want to put money down that he won't act on those beliefs?
cwsm
Oct 30, 06:45 AM
So 2011 will be like 1984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

No comments:
Post a Comment